• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Android app for creating signature in Word doc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android app for creating signature in Word doc

Anyone know of a good, free(!) android app that let's you write two signatures on a Word doc?

Most of the apps only work on PDF's. Found one that works on Word but only let's you sign once

Im donald ducked if Im going to buy a printer \ scanner just to send two documents a year to friggin' agents!
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Anyone know of a good, free(!) android app that let's you write two signatures on a Word doc?

Most of the apps only work on PDF's. Found one that works on Word but only let's you sign once

Im donald ducked if Im going to buy a printer \ scanner just to send two documents a year to friggin' agents!
    Why not sign a piece of paper, take a photo of it and then use that to insert into word documents?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Why not sign a piece of paper, take a photo of it and then use that to insert into word documents?
      Cos a picture of your sig will lokk like, well, a picture? Not sure if agents will accept that. Plus, it could be lifted and used by someone else?

Comment

Cos a picture of your sig will lokk like, well, a picture? Not sure if agents will accept that. Plus, it could be lifted and used by someone else?
        Not sure how to break this to you, but any representation of your signature in a digital file will be a picture in some sense of the word, and can easily be lifted in every sense of the word "easily".

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          ^WHS

Been doing that for years - I think I've forgotten how to write now.
          I use PDFescape to insert the signature into PDF's and just copy and paste for Word.

HTH

Comment

I've had agents asking me to 'sign' documents that way, and who have accepted a photo when my scanner wasn't working and I'd nothing else available. It always makes me chuckle; a bit like when they ask you to send a scan/photo of the front page of your passport (which of course just looks exactly like everyone else's passport) as 'proof' of your identity!

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
              I've had agents asking me to 'sign' documents that way, and who have accepted a photo when my scanner wasn't working and I'd nothing else available. It always makes me chuckle; a bit like when they ask you to send a scan/photo of the front page of your passport (which of course just looks exactly like everyone else's passport) as 'proof' of your identity!
              Aint that the truth!

Comment

I keep a signature jpeg and use PDF to Word, insert signature and then CutePDF back to PDF.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Yeah thanks all for the suggestions.

I found a good android app that let's you sign word docs or pdf's ( a lot only do pdf's) then allows you to mail the doc direct so its complete with a digital security certificate of sorts. So that was one problem solve. However, one document needed 2 signatures and a lot of these apps only cater for one.

Still, the agent said not to bother with a 2nd sig as they'll do it!

Not keen on the jpeg idea tbh (although have used it in the past) as I think that's a little too easy for someone to lift and open credit cards etc in your name! Just my opinion though.

Comment

Yeah thanks all for the suggestions.

I found a good android app that let's you sign word docs or pdf's ( a lot only do pdf's) then allows you to mail the doc direct so its complete with a digital security certificate of sorts. So that was one problem solve. However, one document needed 2 signatures and a lot of these apps only cater for one.

Still, the agent said not to bother with a 2nd sig as they'll do it!

Not keen on the jpeg idea tbh (although have used it in the past) as I think that's a little too easy for someone to lift and open credit cards etc in your name! Just my opinion though.
                    I always thought it would be embedded if you used Cute PDF printer as it's a bitmap image, am I wrong??
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X