• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to avoid a Sexual Harassment case whilst playing Touch Rugby...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to avoid a Sexual Harassment case whilst playing Touch Rugby...

Chaps

I've been enlisted onto the departments Touch Rugby team where we play against other departments in the ClientCo. The thing is, the rules state that at least one female must be on each team.

Of course, if it was all boys, then the obligatory "pulling your team mates shorts down when they're not looking" rules would apply, but the thought of "unappropriate" touching whilst playing the game concerns me. I obviously won't be tackling the girls saying "you don't get many of them to the pound" or running with both hands in front of me looking to grasp anything, but how should I tackle this (no pun intended) so it's all very sportmanlike without getting a reputation as a sex pest ?

Please Marjorie, can you offer any advice ?

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
    Chaps

I've been enlisted onto the departments Touch Rugby team where we play against other departments in the ClientCo. The thing is, the rules state that at least one female must be on each team.

Of course, if it was all boys, then the obligatory "pulling your team mates shorts down when they're not looking" rules would apply, but the thought of "unappropriate" touching whilst playing the game concerns me. I obviously won't be tackling the girls saying "you don't get many of them to the pound" or running with both hands in front of me looking to grasp anything, but how should I tackle this (no pun intended) so it's all very sportmanlike without getting a reputation as a sex pest ?

Wear latex gloves. Much more hygienic.

Comment

I hope you're billing them for this time and you've got adequate insurance in place!
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

First opportunity harsh body check to take her out of the game, she will respect you for not treating her any different from the boys.
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Chaps

Grope a couple of the guys in the scrum or the shower bath.

They can hardly accuse you of harassing a female if you can claim, with a couple of witnesses to prove it, that you prefer guys.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

A) Touch rugby is for pussies.. why bother?

B) I can't think of anything that would make you look more like a hidden permie than joining the clients team games. Think of IR35 as you are flying down the wing.

C) Refer back to A

Unless of course a body check with shoulder down at full pace is considered a touch.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I don't recall anyone pulling anyone's pants down when playing rugby at school, was this a public school?
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Chaps

Make them all play in blindfolds, so that any touching that does happen can't be construed to be intentional.

I used to play 5-a-sides with some of my old workmates in a past permie job, and on one of the contracts I was on too. As NLUK says, for IR35 reasons I'd be a bit dubious of participating in an "official" company event that ClientCo management had put together for morale reasons and/or that was in any way paid for by ClientCo. However, there's nothing wrong with a having few laffs with the permies you have a good working relationship with outside office hours. There was never any issue with sexual harassment. Although I did used to jibe them about treating me as if I were made of glass, and suggested that if all the girls (there were 2-3 of us amongst about 14 players) were on the one team we'd have been invincible, since all we'd need to do would be to walk it into the goal whilst surrounded by our invisible 2-metre radius "don't tackle us" force fields.

Comment

In my experience, women who play touch rugby, or its proper cousin, generally bat for the other side, and are generally of the species of women known to men as 'ugly as a bulldog chewing a wasp', so try to avoid at all cost.

Another way is for you to pull a 'Hopoate' and see if there's a reaction.

Comment

Chaps

I wouldnt worry about it, the sort of females who would be up for this are the sort that would be glad for anyone to touch them.

The four girls in the front are the ones who wouldnt, as it might damage their nails, ruffle their hair or their make up might run if they got sweaty. The one in the back she's up for rugby.

Comment

Working...
                    X