• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Building a house - falls over at the last minute (Wolf Problem)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building a house - falls over at the last minute (Wolf Problem)

Hi Guys,

I've been trying to build a house but it keeps falling over at the last minute.

Are there any other types of straw I can use which can withold a sustained blow from a big bad wolf?

TIA
    Coffee's for closers

Some of these parody threads are brutally unfunny.

Comment

Houses made from straw are allegedly pretty strong. I don't know why more houses aren't made form it except because it would make builders, tradesman, middlemen, officialdom and bankers redundant. Plonking down some easy to lay straw bales would never do as a means of keeping the plebs in debt.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Houses made from straw are allegedly pretty strong. I don't know why more houses aren't made form it except because it would make builders, tradesman, middlemen, officialdom and bankers redundant. Plonking down some easy to lay straw bales would never do as a means of keeping the plebs in debt.
        WHS. Straw is a great building material. You must be doing it wrong.

How To Build A Straw Bale House - Channel4 - 4Homes

Comment

In Spacecadets defence, he said made of straw, not made of straw bales which are spiked to the ground, and lime mortared.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
            In Spacecadets defence, he said made of straw, not made of straw bales which are spiked to the ground, and lime mortared.

Poor defence IMO. SpaceCadet should have posted here before building the house and asked for the best way to build a house with straw. Now, several iterations later, in true Bob IT contractor style he is seeking advice.

Ask yourself this question, what would Suity do ?
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
              Poor defence IMO. SpaceCadet should have posted here before building the house and asked for the best way to build a house with straw. Now, several iterations later, in true Bob IT contractor style he is seeking advice.

Ask yourself this question, what would Suity do ?
              Build it on sand to get the best view.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Build it on sand to get the best view.
                Thanks
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrgTtZXuj4w
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    Hi Guys,

I've been trying to build a house but it keeps falling over at the last minute.

Are there any other types of straw I can use which can withold a sustained blow from a big bad wolf?

TIA
                    "The wolf is generally thought to have become extinct in England during the reign of Henry VII (1485–1509)"

How long have you been building this house...? Clearly billing by the hour.
                    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Working...
                    X