• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bad day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad day

Had me car stacked this morning. Had to do an emergency stop on a dual carriageway as some arsewipe farmer pulled across my lane. I stopped. Poor sod behind me in the shogun, not fully able to react in time, or not paying attention piled the the back of me at 70 mph.

Both of us walked. A scratch on the shogun, fiesta totalled.

Now after 5 years loyal money to swiftcover for both our wagons, both fully comp with courtesy car cover, I get no courtesy car. Until the loss adjuster can visit which can't happen until Thursday.

AVOID THESE CANTS LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Suity household glad to have suity back in one lump, albeit concussed.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Had me car stacked this morning. Had to do an emergency stop on a dual carriageway as some arsewipe farmer pulled across my lane. I stopped. Poor sod behind me in the shogun, not fully able to react in time, or not paying attention piled the the back of me at 70 mph.

Now after 5 years loyal money to swiftcover for both our wagons, both fully comp with courtesy car cover, I get no courtesy car. Until the loss adjuster can visit which can't happen until Thursday.

Jeez, glad you ok mate!!
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Phone them again. Its an awfully common trick for swiftcover to announce that you can't have a courtesy car until you quote exactly what you cover includes.

Either way glad you're ok and next time pick a decent insurance company.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Glad you walked away ok.

And rent a car and bill them.

Comment

Dude any one you walk away from is a good un!

Surprised about Swiftcover, they couldn't do more to help when my car was off the road
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Oh poor youse

I've just signed up with Swiftcover - they saved me £500. Lets hope I don't need to claim
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Don't worry about the car, or the replacement. Life's too short for getting stressed about sh1t like that. When you do get the courtesy car, drive it like you nicked it.

Really glad you're OK.

Comment

Sounds like a 'good day' in disguise to me. I'm glad everyone walked away unhurt.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Phone them again. Its an awfully common trick for swiftcover to announce that you can't have a courtesy car until you quote exactly what you cover includes.

Either way glad you're ok and next time pick a decent insurance company.

Have rung many many times, even quoting the bit where it says they will provide me a courtesy car. Same tulip, different retard.

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Glad you walked away ok.

And rent a car and bill them.
                  Thanks. They have already refused to pay any bill I send them. Got to use the wife's car, and she is busted down to shank's.

Thanks for all the wellwishes. Nice you all got in before the trolls.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Phew, close one. Lottery ticket time while your luck's in methinks.

Saved by the crumple zones no doubt. Can you sue for whiplash like they do on American TV?

Also, whose sockie do you think cut you up?
                    Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Working...
                    X