• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bradley Wiggins - Can he win it ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bradley Wiggins - Can he win it ?

What do the cyclists in here think of Wiggo clinching it this year ? So far he is looking really strong. Already a minute and half lead over Cadel Evans.

I thought I would put up a poll with an option of riding AndyW's mum but cant be arsed to figure out the poll thingummy on here.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Look under thread tools.

If he is is truly British he will get the lead and lose it several times. Before snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Comment

I think he's got a great shout. Cadel, one of his man challengers, is massive in the mountains and couldn't shake him today. Tomorrow is a massive day for Wiggins, as there are 4 cat 1 climbs, and it's all in the Alps. I think if he still has the yellow come Sat, he'll win.

Comment

Grown men taking drugs to race each other on a child's toy.

Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Wiggy's secret weapon is his pair of sideburns.

He's favourite quite rightly. Cav won the Green last year.

Comment

Cycling is probably the most boring sport in the world, it's enjoyable to do but not to watch.

Comment

There's a long way to go and anything can happen, he's definitely in with a shot.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post

Erm, I know this has been the case in the past, but do you actually have evidence that the leading riders in the Tour now are on drugs? You do realise that accusations of drug taking are just about the most serious things that can be said about sportspeople these days? Please, give us the evidence.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Erm, I know this has been the case in the past, but do you actually have evidence that the leading riders in the Tour now are on drugs? You do realise that accusations of drug taking are just about the most serious things that can be said about sportspeople these days? Please, give us the evidence.
                  He's a Soviet. He doesn't need evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post

I guessed "3 replies to mention drugs" before opening the thread - what do I win?

You realise only middle-class idiots think a bicycle is a toy, right? It's pretty much the most efficient mode of transport known to man.

Originally posted by russell View Post
                    Cycling is probably the most boring sport in the world, it's enjoyable to do but not to watch.
                    I'd say the opposite... competitive cycling like TdF looks like the furthest thing from fun I can think of. I find it astounding the pace they set especially up hills. By contrast the daily highlights show is quite interesting.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X