• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has anyone worked at one of the big consultancies (Accenture, IBM etc)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone worked at one of the big consultancies (Accenture, IBM etc)

We are currently working with one of the big consultancies (won't say which one in case it identifies the project but think Accenture, IBM etc). When I saw their rate card I couldn't believe it! Some of these guys are raking in over £1000 a day and they can't be more than a couple of years out of university!

Has anyone worked for one of these consultancies - they seem to do pretty long hours but so would I on that money!

Originally posted by BusinessAnalyst2012 View Post
    We are currently working with one of the big consultancies (won't say which one in case it identifies the project but think Accenture, IBM etc). When I saw their rate card I couldn't believe it! Some of these guys are raking in over £1000 a day and they can't be more than a couple of years out of university!

Has anyone worked for one of these consultancies - they seem to do pretty long hours but so would I on that money!
    They is the rate they are being charge out at.

Comment

No, what you mean is that Accenture are charging their client a grand a day for a 'senior consultant' who's been out of Uni for two years. The graduate is actually getting about £28K per annum.
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

What a dick. Do not look at stuff you don't have the faintest clue about....

This is what IBM charge the client.. NOT what the guys are getting....

You sure there is no nice snug little permie jobs going there?
        Last edited by northernladuk; 11 July 2012, 19:59.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Man you are such an idiot.. seriously.. Do not look at stuff you don't have the faintest clue about....

This is what IBM charge the client.. NOT what the guys are getting....

You sure there is no nice snug little permie jobs going there?
          Hark at you. You couldn't even hold down that job as Assistant Toilet Trader down at the coach station.

Comment

That is Accenture/IBM charge rates to the client. THe poor sod does not see much of it even though he works his ass off. Accenture etc only deal with clients with a deep pocket who wont flinch at the rate card. They need the high charge rate to cover the extremely high year end bonus and the weekly flights all over the world for the senior execs who do fook all really.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Had the Accenturists in on a gig a couple of years back. At a project initiation meeting, this guy of about 22 comes up to me and says "I'm **** ** *****, Senior Project Consultant". I said, "You're not senior anything mate, I've got johnnys in my wallet older than you". Him and his little cronies (mostly hooray henries with double barrelled names) were costing the project about a grand a day each to create power point presentations. C###ts.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                Had the Accenturists in on a gig a couple of years back. At a project initiation meeting, this guy of about 22 comes up to me and says "I'm **** ** *****, Senior Project Consultant". I said, "You're not senior anything mate, I've got johnnys in my wallet older than you". Him and his little cronies (mostly hooray henries with double barrelled names) were costing the project about a grand a day each to create power point presentations. C###ts.
                No, you say that proudly.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
                  No, you say that proudly.
                  You mean you don't have a vintage johnny collecton in your wallet ????

F'kin wierdo......

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                    You mean you don't have a vintage johnny collecton in your wallet ????

F'kin wierdo......
                    I don't have a wallet, I have a purse. And in any case I think you mean prophylactic, don't you old chap?

Comment

Working...
                    X