• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you written a story?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you written a story?

Have you written fiction (since school)? Reckon there's a few of us who fancy ourselves as the next JK Rowlings. Went through a phase where I wrote quite a lot (nearly all crap - nothing changes) and still occasionally put finger to key when the muse strikes. A couple of 'successes' - got published an a couple of e-zines, and think I earned the princely sum of $15 for my efforts.
    Yes - published in print
    9.09%
    Yes - published online
    18.18%
    Yes - for my eyes only
    18.18%
    No - but I'd give it a go
    18.18%
    No - not my thing
    9.09%
    AndyW's mum took my pencil
    27.27%
    Last edited by mudskipper; 12 July 2012, 06:14.

I'm about the third of the way through my book and expect to finish late summer. Written as fiction but based on six weeks touring Europe with a band back in the eighties, if I presented it as fact nobody would believe the stories.

A friend has already published several books and he's put me in touch with his publisher who's interested.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      I'm about the third of the way through my book and expect to finish late summer. Written as fiction but based on six weeks touring Europe with a band back in the eighties, if I presented it as fact nobody would believe the stories.

A friend has already published several books and he's put me in touch with his publisher who's interested.
      Good work!

Comment

I wrote three chapters five years ago when I had a contract with an hour's train journey either way. Found that a very easy way to write. But two children and no sleep later I have to work on the train to keep on top of things, but I hope to take it up again later in the year. No ambitions to have it published, but online might be worth looking at if I ever get it done.

Comment

Is this like a scrum story?

Was always going to write a novel when I retire but probably not.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I am writing a book. I am nearly 60% there. Its going to be called 100,000 drivel posts.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
              Have you written fiction (since school)? ..
              Does posting on CUK count?
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I am writing a book. I am nearly 60% there. Its going to be called 100,000 drivel posts.
                58,890 drivel posts has a better ring about it.

Comment

I've got a brilliant formulaic idea for a novel - having analysed the bestseller charts. Think Alexander Mccall Smith but racier. Will start that project asap
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    I've got a brilliant formulaic idea for a novel - having analysed the bestseller charts. Think Alexander Mccall Smith but racier. Will start that project asap
                    Does it consist of calling the reader a cretin quite alot?

Comment

Working...
                    X