• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Farewell, Sylvester McMonkey McBean, prince of cats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farewell, Sylvester McMonkey McBean, prince of cats

Our beloved cat who we found as a starvling on the streets of Manchester 12 years ago has finally come to the end of his healthy life. He's not in pain but will rapidly get worse so today will be his last day of wandering round the garden and tomorrow I will have him put to sleep.

May all your furry little friends shine as brightly.

Always a horrible thing to have to do.

Comment

Been there too many times. Console yourself with the fact that you always did the best for him and will do the same again tomorrow letting him go pain free and with dignity intact.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Our beloved cat who we found as a starvling on the streets of Manchester 12 years ago has finally come to the end of his healthy life. He's not in pain but will rapidly get worse so today will be his last day of wandering round the garden and tomorrow I will have him put to sleep.

May all your furry little friends shine as brightly.
        Best for the old chap not to suffer.

one day at a time

Comment

Why is it the best thing for cats and not for old people. Just don't take your nan to the vets is all I'm saying, especially if she is a fox as they rarely make it out alive regardless of their age.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Why is it the best thing for cats and not for old people. Just don't take your nan to the vets is all I'm saying, especially if she is a fox as they rarely make it out alive regardless of their age.
            We treat our animals better than humans.

HTH
            one day at a time

Comment

Sorry to hear Old Greg.

Comment

Yep, hard luck. I think our older cat might be finished too; she's suddenly lost the ability to tulip and is obviously in pain; it might be constipation, so laxatives could help, but this can often be caused by tumours. We'll see; I gave her some laxative milk this morning, so maybe this evening there'll be tulip all over the house and she'll be cheerful, but otherwise it's quite probably the end.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  maybe this evening there'll be tulip all over the house
                  I hate it when that happens
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Yep, hard luck. I think our older cat might be finished too; she's suddenly lost the ability to tulip and is obviously in pain; it might be constipation, so laxatives could help, but this can often be caused by tumours. We'll see; I gave her some laxative milk this morning, so maybe this evening there'll be tulip all over the house and she'll be cheerful, but otherwise it's quite probably the end.
                    Ours had that problem. We let it go on far too long. No tumour, just weakness and loss of muscle tone. Would go in the tray, then collapse in it. It was one day when I had to bath it to wash the tulip off that I decided it was time.

Comment

Working...
                    X