• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Major blow to Labour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major blow to Labour

Just when it was looking as if Labour might conceivable be some sort of challenge to the Con/Libs at the next election, this happens:

I'm back

Even the staunchest of Labour voter's stomachs must be turning. I do hope they (i.e. we) aren't paying Blair for whatever sporting role he's playing.

Tony Blair, the David Hasselhoff of Labour politics, returns for an ill-advised curtain call – Telegraph Blogs

He has, the party announced, been granted a new role, which apparently involves “giving specific advice on the Olympic legacy and in particular how to maximise both its economic and its sporting legacies”.
    A cynic might suspect he will be advising big business in tax havens on how to benefit from the legacy.

Demon-eyes is back
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Unless something exciting happens Labour will form the next government, probably with an outright majority. There are too many parasites who will vote for them, the traditional tory voters havent got what they wanted from this government so disillusioned will vote UKIP, traditional Liberal voters have seen what a bunch of liars their party is and would never vote tory, so thats more Labour votes. I predict something like 38% Labour, 25% Tory, Liberal 4%, UKIP 8%. Something along those lines. I also predict a record low turn out as too many people have realised whoever you vote for you get the same, so why bother.

And by exciting I mean either the Torys get us out of the EU (unlikely) or a false flag attack happens which they can respond to showing what a strong government they really are (more likely).

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
        Unless something exciting happens Labour will form the next government, probably with an outright majority. There are too many parasites who will vote for them, the traditional tory voters havent got what they wanted from this government so disillusioned will vote UKIP, traditional Liberal voters have seen what a bunch of liars their party is and would never vote tory, so thats more Labour votes. I predict something like 38% Labour, 25% Tory, Liberal 4%, UKIP 8%. Something along those lines. I also predict a record low turn out as too many people have realised whoever you vote for you get the same, so why bother.

And by exciting I mean either the Torys get us out of the EU (unlikely) or a false flag attack happens which they can respond to showing what a strong government they really are (more likely).
        It looks as if Cameron will play his "get a vote on the EU" card again before the next election. Not sure how many times he can use that trick and get away with it though.

Comment

I wonder if Blair has been given a free ticket to the Olympic 100m final.

Comment

Cherie has put on some weight. She looks slightly less horrific now.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
              Unless something exciting happens Labour will form the next government, probably with an outright majority. There are too many parasites who will vote for them
              I think you seriously misunderstand the makeup of Labour voters. Most doleites don't even vote. On the other hand, many bright (well above average), educated students or recent graduates vote Labour out of "social conscientiousness".
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Cherie has put on some weight. She looks slightly less horrific now.
                Yeah, now she looks like a fat clown that's having a fit.
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  I think you seriously misunderstand the makeup of Labour voters. Most doleites don't even vote. On the other hand, many bright (well above average), educated students or recent graduates vote Labour out of "social conscientiousness".
                  I was thinking more of the public sector workers, but if its not doleites, parasites or the naive, then who actually did vote them into power 3 times? lol

Just thinking about students, do they not realise Labour destroyed their future? They allowed house prices to double and treble, meaning that they cant afford a house till they are 40. They allowed uncontrolled immigration to such an extent that all the low paid work students traditionally did like work in Tescos part time is now done by immigrants, and are more likely to not be able to get a job after graduation. Finally they devalued a degree. Do students really still vote labour? If so turkeys do vote for xmas.

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  It looks as if Cameron will play his "get a vote on the EU" card again before the next election. Not sure how many times he can use that trick and get away with it though.
                  Who would believe him? Give us a vote for EU, and THEN we will vote for you. Its never going to work the other way around, as if he did give a vote afterwards, it would be a "Yes to stay as we are, or a Yes for even more EU integration."
                  Last edited by escapeUK; 12 July 2012, 09:37.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                    Yeah, now she looks like a fat clown that's having a fit.
                    Of course the big question is would MTT?

Comment

Working...
                    X