• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Submitting two months invoice in one go...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Submitting two months invoice in one go...

I've recently had to put two months invoices through parasols pay run and noticed that I've been charged a high amount of employers NI ....

Question is by submitting two months invoicing in one go do I end up loosing out?

Originally posted by D15 View Post
    I've recently had to put two months invoices through parasols pay run and noticed that I've been charged a high amount of employers NI ....

Question is by submitting two months invoicing in one go do I end up loosing out?
    It should balance out at the end of year, when they notice you have paid too much
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      It should balance out at the end of year, when they notice you have paid too much
      Cheers, that's what I thought. Will they just adjust it as I go along? Or will I receive a tax refund in a lump sum?

Comment

Originally posted by D15 View Post

For non-directors (as users of umbrella's) then NIC is calculated on a weekly/monthly basis on a non-cumlative basis.

Therefore the high amount of NIC paid will not be recovered. Speak to your umbrella as there maybe something you have missed, but based on the details you have posted, this will not be recovered.

Income tax is cumulative and would be recovered, NIC is not, unless you are a director.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Nixon Williams View Post
          For non-directors (as users of umbrella's) then NIC is calculated on a weekly/monthly basis on a non-cumlative basis.

Therefore the high amount of NIC paid will not be recovered. Speak to your umbrella as there maybe something you have missed, but based on the details you have posted, this will not be recovered.

Income tax is cumulative and would be recovered, NIC is not, unless you are a director.

Alan
          So by putting two invoices through at once I'm loosing the ability for the umbrella company to use their Employers NI allowance (£624) on both invoices.. Correct?

Hmmmm ok to help things going forward....

I have the following invoice to submit ... Dates from ..

28 may > 30 June

If I put this invoice in tomorrow will I then have to wait a month to put in my July invoice so I don't get charged too much employers NI? Looking at my payslip for 30 jan > 30 mar there was a double payment and I was charged more employers NI than I expected. I need to prevent this from happening again!
          Last edited by D15; 12 July 2012, 18:56.

Comment

Your umbrella company should be able to advise you of the invoicing requirements of your agency and also their payment terms which means you should be able to judge when to put through your timesheet

HTH
            Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
            X