• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working through an umbrella co.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working through an umbrella co.

Hi all,

This is my first contract, Ive been at it for 2 months now. I decided to go with Giant till I got acquainted with things. Just a query, if I am submitting exactly the same expenses each week (Business miles), should not my take home salary be the same every week. It seems to fluctuate by £20ish quid each week. Is this normal?..

I phoned up the umbrella company, but the guy just spun his words till he even confused himself.

Any help appreciated.

It's called idiot tax. Every fortnight he sticks £20 of your money into his bank account.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by churkus
      Hi all,

This is my first contract, Ive been at it for 2 months now. I decided to go with Giant till I got acquainted with things. Just a query, if I am submitting exactly the same expenses each week (Business miles), should not my take home salary be the same every week. It seems to fluctuate by £20ish quid each week. Is this normal?..

I phoned up the umbrella company, but the guy just spun his words till he even confused himself.

Any help appreciated.
      I am in a surprisingly helpful mood this morning so am not going to tell you to foff and do your own research.

Drop Giant.
      Set up your own Ltd.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
        I am in a surprisingly helpful mood this morning so am not going to tell you to foff and do your own research.

Drop Giant.
        Set up your own Ltd.
        This is good advice churkus. I used Giant when I first started, but if you are going to take contracting seriously then your own ltd is the way to go. I wouldn't have it any other way now. Here is a useful post for you.
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
        X