• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Worth waiting to the last minute

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worth waiting to the last minute

Well the family and I are hunting for a "package" holiday but is it worth waiting until the last minute to buy one of these?

Just cant be arsed trying to sort everything out myself this year (all I want to do is sit on the beach and get blacker than usual ).

Im interested in anywhere there is sun, Turkey, Greece, Cyprus etc.

Mailman

It's sunny outside here. Get yer arse down to Southend-on-Sea

Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuvly

Comment

I went to Hunstanton at the weekend. Had a smashing tub of whelks, followed by haddock and chips, and a rum 'n' raisin ice cream to finish. Luverly-jubbly.

Comment

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi...53436055,11035

Although apparently haggling down the cost of your holiday is "immoral"!!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn

Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuvly
          Ah , Southend, you can even see the Isle of Sheppey on a good day. Very scenic...

http://www.swale.gov.uk/index.cfm?ar...readid=148#507
          Last edited by lORD lUCAN; 6 June 2006, 11:18.

Comment

Only trouble with the late deals is that you tend to get left with all the old dross. Have been lucky once or twice but whatever you do go for a named hotel and then ask to check the gazeteer or look here http://www.tripadvisor.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
              You call that a beach? BWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry Dimmy, you walked in to that one

Mailman

Comment

I've always been lucky with last minute deals to European hotspots although I have heard some real horror stories too. However, these days I prefer to build my own package (flight, car, hotels) because the internet gives you everything you need and I really don't want the hassle of booking via tour operators and suffering all the subsequent airport, transfer and check in delays, with the added risk of ending up somewhere ghastly. Not to mention really annoying holiday reps.

If you do decide on a lastminute gamble don't opt for Crete since there are some truly terrible resorts and hotels which you would be almost guaranteed to end up at. Kos and Corfu are nice as are some of the smaller islands (Poros, Hydra etc).

Basically holidays are your time of relaxation, so don't leave it to chance!!

Comment

Package Holiday?

What's wrong with taking the corporate jet?

Comment

I always go last minute, 'cause I tend to like go, "lets go on a holiday, tomorrow".

Helps that I've contracted at HoggRobinsonBTI, Amadeus etc. etc.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X