• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nice outsource O2!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice outsource O2!

Network down for the second time in less than a month.

O2 outsources core network management to Huawei

Don't know if anyones posted this, but we love to get stuck into really misguided decisions to outsource, don't we?

Seen as the entire network went down for two days, could they really do any worse
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

That's why it's called outsource.

Out-age, out-source, geddit?

Anyone?

Comment

Sorry OG, I'm not clever enuff.

Comment

That explains why shaunbhoy does not post much anymore - his new masters don't take it kindly

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
            Network down for the second time in less than a month.

O2 outsources core network management to Huawei

Don't know if anyones posted this, but we love to get stuck into really misguided decisions to outsource, don't we?
            a lot of this stuff is outsourced - given the level of expertise required, it makes better sense for the kit manufacturers to look after the equipment rather than trying to train up perm staff.
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              a lot of this stuff is outsourced - given the level of expertise required, it makes better sense for the kit manufacturers to look after the equipment rather than trying to train up perm staff.
              It also makes it easier for foreign manufactures to get their own workforce into UK to maintain it - kerching all around.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                Given the stories I've heard about the state of these systems when they arrive "pre-configured" you really want to leave them to it.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

It's also our critical infrastructure nowadays - this sort of stuff certainly shouldn't sit in the hands of a Communist Super Power with a track record of hideous crimes against its own population.

<tin foil hat on>

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    It also makes it easier for foreign manufactures to get their own workforce into UK to maintain it - kerching all around.
                    name a British manufacturer of back end telecoms kit. No matter who they bought the equipment from, it is inevitable that foreign workers will be drafted in to perform the maintenance
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X