• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Banks' £1bn windfall to boost economy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banks' £1bn windfall to boost economy

"As 5pc of the UK loan stock is equivalent to £80bn and the arrangement means banks receive a roughly 1pc reduction in costs for simply maintaining their loan levels, they will enjoy an initial £800m windfall before they inject a penny extra into the economy. The Bank and the Treasury, though, expect that gain to be passed on to customers through normal competitive pressures. "

Banks' £1bn windfall to boost economy - Telegraph

No, it will be passed to bankers as extra bonuses for high profits.

Who makes those contracts? Getting 80% of benefit by not doing anything won't encourage to take risks, possibly losing money to gain another 20%?

Nice bow ties though...

Originally posted by AtW View Post

"As 5pc of the UK loan stock is equivalent to £80bn and the arrangement means banks receive a roughly 1pc reduction in costs for simply maintaining their loan levels, they will enjoy an initial £800m windfall before they inject a penny extra into the economy. The Bank and the Treasury, though, expect that gain to be passed on to customers through normal competitive pressures. "

Banks' £1bn windfall to boost economy - Telegraph

No, it will be passed to bankers as extra bonuses for high profits.

Who makes those contracts? Getting 80% of benefit by not doing anything won't encourage to take risks, possibly losing money to gain another 20%?

Nice bow ties though...
    Just as well you're a rich and succesful businessman with his own property and posh car then, eh? Oh, wait ...
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Just as well you're a rich and succesful businessman with his own property and posh car then, eh? Oh, wait ...
      I've decided to follow your lead and avoid spending money on flash car, instead focusing on property - thanks for your wisdom oh great one.

Comment

It's called the trickle down effect. Those at the top get rich and everyone else gets pissed on.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

More funny money being used to ramp up house prices further, what could possibly go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            It's called the trickle down effect. Those at the top get rich and everyone else gets pissed on.
            It's a law of nature as observed in the New Testament: Those that have shall be given more.
            That's been my experience anyway.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              I've decided to follow your lead and avoid spending money on flash car, instead focusing on property - thanks for your wisdom oh great one.
              Having said which among all the property transactions I've done recently I've hidden away a nice £50K sum for a modest little sports car of some sort
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Having said which among all the property transactions I've done recently I've hidden away a nice £50K sum for a modest little sports car of some sort
                Aren't you a bit old for a midlife crisis?
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

WHS

A role model if there was one ...

*weeps tears*

Comment

Why not use the money to buy a decent personality.

Comment

Working...
                    X