• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The rise and fall of Yahoo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rise and fall of Yahoo

The Brutal Decline of Yahoo [Infographic]

Can they yet be saved?
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

It only took 7+ years

Comment

The big issue was outsourcing search to google. EVERYONE I knew used yahoo - then switched suddenly to google.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        The big issue was outsourcing search to google. EVERYONE I knew used yahoo - then switched suddenly to google.
        No, the big issue was not accepting Google's offer to sell it for like $1 mln years ago.

HTH

Comment

I like the bit about not "appreciating the value of good programmers".

They should have hired a few more contractors
          Cats are evil.

Comment

They should have extended my contract in December 2007, as they were going to do until Sunnyvale imposed a hiring/renewal freeze

Comment

Anybody on here who does not have a grudge against Yahoo?

Thought so ...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Anybody on here who does not have a grudge against Yahoo?

Thought so ...
                Why would I have a grudge against yahoo? Used them for ages and appreciated the services they offered. Do still use some of their free games.

Comment

Anyone for facebook shares? A snip at $30.72

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                    Why would I have a grudge against yahoo? Used them for ages and appreciated the services they offered. Do still use some of their free games.
                    How much you paid them over those years of using their free services and how many times you've clicked on their ads?

Comment

Working...
                    X