• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Olympics: 'I don't know if guards speak English', says G4S chief

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olympics: 'I don't know if guards speak English', says G4S chief

"Nick Buckles, chief executive of G4S said he deeply regretted the company's failure to recruit enough staff, which will see troops called in to fill in the gaps.

He said attempts to recruit 10,000 workers had been "complex" and that the firm had underestimated the scale of the task.

But when challenged about whether those recruited by G4S even spoke fluent English, Mr Buckles struggled to answer the question.

He told BBC Radio 4's Today programme on Saturday morning: "That is a difficult question to answer. They all have a right to work in the UK and have been vetted to very high standards." "

Olympics: 'I don't know if guards speak English', says G4S chief - Telegraph

If the DM is correct about the lack of proper checks one has to wonder if some of these "security" guards are not a threat to security.

London 2012 Olympics: Mail reporter experiences the shambolic G4S training centre | Mail Online

PS For lefties who reject anything in the DM (the decent righty one) on principle, there is similar comment in this DM (the crappy lefty one) article:

G4S Olympics security fiasco: Firm fails to recruit and train enough guards so army steps in... and WE pay £15m - Mirror Online
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

It would be funny if they all had beards, turbans and rucksacks. Much safer to watch it on TV.

Comment

Who cares what language they speak? As long as they are rude who cares?

Comment

Working...
        X