• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's going on with Ryanair?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's going on with Ryanair?

For the last 2 years or so I've been able to nip down to Ibiza for less than £50 return, but now the price is more in the £150 range. You also have to type in tricky captcha to see the prices and book, almost as if they don't want you. And taking a hold bag would add another £50, plus £12 booking fees, so add another monster £62 to any initially advertised price. Cheap ticket or tulip service is fine by me, but tulip service and expensive ticket trickery and awkwardness doesn't make economic sense.

I'm going Easyjet.

In happier news, I bought a pair of sunglasses today for £1, and they don't seem too bad at all. 100% UVA/B blocking if you're interested.

And yes I did read the story about the girls whose faces swelled up after wearing a £1 pair of sunglasses in the news yesterday, that's where I got the idea.

Comment

Why are you not using NetJets?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Why are you not using NetJets?
        You must be confusing me with someone who has money, Dimprawn or sasguru perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          You must be confusing me with someone who has money, Dimprawn or sasguru perhaps.
          Well, once I get check flighted on this:

I can get you to Ibeza in 3 1/2 hours for about £1,000. And that includes the pleasure of my company to boot!

Mind you, it'll be touch and go on getting there with extended fuel tanks. But hey, that's half the fun!

Bring your swimwear, just in case.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
            Bring your parachute and spare trousers, just in case.
            FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              FTFY

Trousers maybe, but parachute is just so rude!

Comment

I would be more surprised if you bought a £1 pair of sunglasses without 100% UVA/B blocking, they are so rare these days ..

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                  Well, once I get check flighted on this:

I can get you to Ibeza in 3 1/2 hours for about £1,000. And that includes the pleasure of my company to boot!

Mind you, it'll be touch and go on getting there with extended fuel tanks. But hey, that's half the fun!

Bring your swimwear, just in case.
                  Flying around the med free as a bird sounds awesome, but I imagine flight paths are quite restrictive and unbird-like.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    Flying around the med free as a bird sounds awesome, but I imagine flight paths are quite restrictive and unbird-like.
                    You get more freedom if you are IFR rated. Sadly, mine expired a few years ago, but will not take too long to get back.

There's nothing more spiritual than busting through the clag during sunset.

Comment

Working...
                    X