• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is England a police state for failing to pander to the new high priests?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is England a police state for failing to pander to the new high priests?

Hard Rock Calling 2012: England a 'police state', says Bruce Springsteen guitarist - Telegraph

I have jogged round Hyde Park recently - it looks a total mess. Let alone all the pollution for all those vehicles/people. Parks are supposed to be the lungs of London.

Next time with a bit of luck parks will be used as parks. Or better still those who think they are above the law will be treated like they would be in a police state. Shot on sight. Their heads paraded on a spike to teach them a tad of humility.
    No
    14.29%
    No
    28.57%
    Andyw says No - except to hard drugs
    57.14%

I think the decent thing to do would have been to shut off the mike before Springsteen started "singing", and agree with BP about leaving the parks for wandering around in. there are plenty of good places for concerts

I think I may be becoming a grumpy old man...

Comment

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
      I think the decent thing to do would have been to shut off the mike before Springsteen started "singing"
      Quality comment!
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I was at the gig yesterday. Couldn't believe what they did. It's half 10 on a Saturday night and they pulled the plug on 2 great rock icons to pander to the snobs down Park Lane. I will never go to that event again.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
          I was at the gig yesterday. Couldn't believe what they did. It's half 10 on a Saturday night and they pulled the plug on 2 great rock icons to pander to the snobs down Park Lane. I will never go to that event again.
          I feel sorry for you. The question is should it have been held there in the first place.

Comment

Probably not if they were just going to bend over to the locals.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
              Probably not if they were just going to bend over to the locals.
              Well, they would have a contract that says they were supposed to finish at a certain time.

If you have a contract that says you get £500 a day and the client only pays you £300 do you put up with it?
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Why does he always look and sound like he has chronic constipation when performing.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  Why does he always look and sound like he has chronic constipation when performing.
                  Lack of fibre?
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    Well, they would have a contract that says they were supposed to finish at a certain time.

If you have a contract that says you get £500 a day and the client only pays you £300 do you put up with it?
                    Not sure what your point is.

Comment

Working...
                    X