• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Olympics security: G4S failure 'completely normal'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olympics security: G4S failure 'completely normal'

"Jeremy Hunt has said that it is "completely normal" for a contractor to fail to deliver on a major project as questions continued about the inability of G4S to provide security officials for the Olympic Games. "

Jeremy Hunt: 'completely normal' for contractor to fail to deliver - Telegraph

And I voted for them.

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    And I voted for them.
    Now you know that a vote for the Liebours, the Liberals and the Tories is a vote for the same authoritarian, fecked up EU bollocks.

There's no point voting for the Trinity of Tossers.

Which is why I find naïve displays of partisanship today more demoralising than I thought we could ever get to.

Looking specifically at you, Alf W.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I don't see what all the fuss is about. I'd rather have well trained soldiers doing the security than thousands unwilling dole claimants, Eastern Europeans and students who've had a few days training and been given a sheriff's badge.

Tories - out of touch, Trust fund darlings? Never!
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
        I'd rather have well trained soldiers doing the security than thousands unwilling dole claimants
        You think those soldiers are trained to do that job?

Having soldiers do such job makes the country look like 3rd world state with El Presidente heading it.

The only difference is that in 3rd world soldiers actually get paid well.

Comment

It's the new normal.

Comment

If it works out well maybe they'll leave troops on London's streets permanently.

Comment

Jeremy "Berkshire" Hunt has, unfortunately without irony, summed up the problems with modern Britain rather nicely there.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
                Which is why I find naïve displays of partisanship today more demoralising than I thought we could ever get to.

Looking specifically at you, Alf W.

Quod erat demonstrandum.
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I don't see what all the fuss is about. I'd rather have well trained soldiers doing the security than thousands unwilling dole claimants, Eastern Europeans and students who've had a few days training and been given a sheriff's badge.

No wonder why skilled and smart Eastern Europeans did not want to work on this event. Not with your attitude.
                  If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

A lot of my friends who are Soldiers are providing security at the Olympics and trust me they are well trained, they do events all the time just because they're not always seen doesn't mean they're not doing the job. I'd be their with them if I hadn't landed this gig in Switzerland, training for the Olympics has been taking place for months we knew a while ago this was going to happen I'm surprised that they only just broke the story now in all honesty.
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                    X