• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More beavers?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More beavers?

Bring back beavers to stop flooding, says expert - Telegraph

Personally I say the more beaver the better.

I wonder if beavers in hotter climes have less fur?
    Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Bring back beavers to stop flooding, says expert - Telegraph

Personally I say the more beaver the better.
      How many areas of the UK are wild enough that giant beaver dams, and the accompanying lakes suddenly appearing, would have no adverse impact on the landowner?

Or is the article talking about flooding in the Canadian arctic or Siberia? (Haven't read it yet).

edit: Read it, and the idea sounds quite good actually
      Last edited by OwlHoot; 16 July 2012, 12:09.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Just make Beaver Tax on those homes that are likely to be flooded - 100% of the money will go to beavers...

Comment

My Beaver is flooded regularly but I'm not using a Dam
          - Northernladyuk
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I thought we'd already re-introduced beavers

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
              I wonder if beavers in hotter climes have less fur?
              Beavers certainly seem to have lost alot of fur since the seventies.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Beavers certainly seem to have lost alot of fur since the seventies.
                Particularly the Souht American variety although I have noticed that the European Continental Beaver, in particular those from the southern climes are still furry little devils.
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Particularly the Souht American variety although I have noticed that the European Continental Beaver, in particular those from the southern climes are still furry little devils.
                  One thing hasn't changed, that's the bad smell that comes from eating only fish.
                  Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
                    One thing hasn't changed, that's the bad smell that comes from eating only fish.
                    Well you are what you eat.

Comment

Working...
                    X