• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London 2012: 32 mile queue as first Games lane opens on M4

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London 2012: 32 mile queue as first Games lane opens on M4

We couldn't organise a p1ss up in a brewery!

London 2012: 32 mile queue as first Games lane opens on M4 - Telegraph

Or post in the right section either......
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Congestion is inevitable but why is it open as an Olympic-only lane already? As a test?

Also, what counts as a 'queue'? 32 miles long sounds bad but if you're queuing at 30mph that's very different from 3mph. Is there an official definition?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Back to Maidenhead Junction 8/9 is hardly moving.. That is 33 (ish) miles from central london .

I've got to do this trip every day (M4, M25) ! Damn.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Congestion is inevitable but why is it open as an Olympic-only lane already? As a test?
          Today is the first day that flights are coming into Heathrow with athletes et al on
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

It might help if some of the Olympic traffic used the lanes :-

London 2012 Olympics: American and Australian team buses get lost from Heathrow to Olympic Park - Telegraph

Comment

Originally posted by Kanye View Post
              From the article:

... Apart from a brief respite after the Olympics, they [the Olympic ZiL lanes] will remain in force until early September and the conclusion of the Paralympics. ...
              FFS - I thought all this traffic madness lasted only two weeks instead of at least four.

It would probably have been cheaper, and give the military valuable flight training time, to ferry the contestants about by transport helicopter, if those aren't all in Afghanistan.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                FFS - I thought all this traffic madness lasted only two weeks instead of at least four.
                You are forgetting the officials still have to get home afterwards. And the paralympics.....

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  There was a chinook wandering around here last week.

I think it was looking for the Olympic Stadium.
                  I read that differently so I was going to call "Raccccccciiiist".

Then I realised you are a GAL so it would not have applied.

Then I read it properly.

Have we got a whole Chinook that works anyway?

Edit - cor, we seem to have a few. Wonder how many actually fly?
                  Linky

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    KUATB http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-read-map.html

Comment

Working...
                    X