• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Latest Plan B

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest Plan B

Does anyone use Soft Play sites with their kids? Does anyone know of a good chain, franchise of Soft Plays??

I'm fairly convinced that each soft play is pretty much a 'standalone' business and that there aren't any well known franchises in the UK?

Anyone use them?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Why won't you just stick to what you do best and leave Plan Bs to those who can handle non-trivial challenges?

Get us a new sockie or something - that Malcolm will soon be banned I fear

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Why won't you just stick to what you do best and leave Plan Bs to those who can handle non-trivial challenges?

Get us a new sockie or something - that Malcolm will soon be banned I fear

You make's me laugh. The Spice of Life is what it's all about.

As I settle down into my latest sojourn, I become bored and look to the next challenge.

Comment

How about soft play for adults? Why should kids have all the fun? You could combine with some sort of foam party.

Comment

They are a massive money maker, especially in tulip weather, I think they are all independent though
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

We have looked into this as a PlanC.

The softplay equipment itself is leased and maintained by an external company (can't remember the name but 10 minutes on google will find them). The kitchen and extra facilities are up to you.

The business model that MrsDude and I worked out was pretty encouraging; we worked out that you need to be around 5 miles from an existing one and be much better at a couple of things than the surrounding ones; we also reckoned start up costs of around 100k - 150k to make a *really* good one.

PM me if you want any further info.

Comment

and they cost an absolute fortune to set up.
              i looked into a year or so back because my wife has an interest in that sort of thing.
              a big one back then would have been about 250-300k to buy and install..before the cost of the building, etc.
              Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                They are a massive money maker, especially in tulip weather, I think they are all independent though
                Consensus coming in is that they are all independent.

Market is ripe for someone to put a decent chain together.

Will do research later tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Consensus coming in is that they are all independent.

Market is ripe for someone to put a decent chain together.

Will do research later tonight.
                  There is a smallish chain of them around the south east that Brillo mentioned in the past.

They looked a fair bit more expensive compared to my local independents but as i'm not in South London anymore those prices could be reasonable.

Oh and don't forget the chains that do the opposite approach with the softplay attached to a crap food pub or china pot painting. The latter has closed in a few places so its probably not the best concept.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Couple of other angles not explored either which would make more money as a chain.

Comment

Working...
                    X