• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The road to nowhere

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The road to nowhere

I know I made the right decision to stay out of London for the Olympics.

London Olympics 2012: The most ridiculous example yet of how Olympics lanes are making a farce of driving in London | Mail Online
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

KUATB
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I can understand why we need bus lanes etc when the olympics are on to ensure competitors get to the stadiums on time - however why put them in force now - they are travelling from the airport to the olympic village - it really will not matter if they sit in a queue for an hour or two it is not like they are going to be late for the opening ceremony is it.....

so glad I do not live in London

Comment

The article doesn't appear to explain what you're supposed to do at that crazy picture. Presumably you're not supposed to get there in the first place and they don't mention that part since it spoils the story?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          The article doesn't appear to explain what you're supposed to do at that crazy picture. Presumably you're not supposed to get there in the first place and they don't mention that part since it spoils the story?
          They do say the signs aren't up yet. They also left out the possibility of driving along the pavement.

Comment

Driving in London is an exercise in futility at the best of times anyway, why would anyone expect it to be any different for the Olympics? The Mail are working from the premise that driving a car in london in rush hour is a sane and reasonable thing to do, it isn't.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

It's not just london.

My trip from Maidenhead to Woking took me 2.5 hours this morning thanks to tailbacks beyond junction 8/9 at 7AM on the M4!

We had some poor athlete geezer on a bus for four hours yesterday , having just arrived in the UK.

Embarrasing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Drive down the middle line on two wheels, like James Bond
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I was involved in the original design of the ORN and how to prove we could get a traffic flow for Olympic officials at an average speed, at the time, of 24mph, when peak rush hour traffic was moving at 7mph.

Funny days. And oh how I laughed when they manipulated the traffic to ensure all those lovely Land Rover Discovery's with their dignitaries on board were rushed through central london.

TfL. Happy days and top dollar until Boris came in and ruined it all...

Comment

Surely all athletes need is a bicycle lane, if that. These London reserved lanes are for the 'VIPs' and hangers-on really aren't they.

Comment

Working...
                    X