• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving on Bad Terms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaving on Bad Terms

Some of you may have previously read my "Grim Places to Work" and "Nasty Contractors" threads. I have worked 2 perm roles and 4 contract roles prior to this place and have always tried to leave on good terms when either completing a contract or putting my notice in (NLUK customary comment awaited here). I still have contact with people from my previous contracts and have been asked to go back on occasions.

This time, however, I have simply had enough of the people and place I am at and feel like I want to leave on Bad terms for the first time. The way I have been treated over the last 4 months by those who brought me in makes me want to leave on a really bad note and have a right go at them. I have no intention of ever coming back here despite the close proximity to my house and I doubt they will ever ask me to come back given the fact I have stood my ground against their incompetence and finger pointing.

Should I let them know what I think of them on my last day or not?

FLOUNCE!

Ok, I got that out of my system now, I was basically booted out of my last job, errors were made from both parties but I remained professional to the end, its the only way.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I would give him a right piece of your mind, then before he has a chance to say any retaliatory remarks, swiftly upper cut him on the chin, knocking him to the floor.

Then the final Pièce de résistance, would be to urinate on him whilst laughing hysterically in his face.

Then buy a comfortable cushion so you can sit on that bench for a long, long time.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Ok, I got that out of my system now, I was basically booted out of my last job, errors were made from both parties but I remained professional to the end, its the only way.
        On a side note I did however stand my ground and refuse to buckle to the pressure that was the rest of the team insisting that I bought cakes on my last day

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
          Should I let them know what I think of them on my last day or not?
          Act like a grownup.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Name and shame them to warn the masses.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Bearing in mind constantly using notice period is pretty unprofessional if used too much you might as well go the whole hog and burn your bridges IMO.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                Name and shame them to warn the masses.
                He is called NorthWestPem2Contr and he is from the NW. You can see his posting history by clicking his name.

HTH
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  He is called NorthWestPem2Contr and he is from the NW. You can see his posting history by clicking his name.

HTH
                  And I thought you didn't do funny

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to northernladuk again.

Comment

I find it difficult to imagine myself getting so upset with a contract that I'd want to do that.

You may not want to go back there, however:
                    • Someone from that client co might move on and be in charge of hiring for some nice contract in the future (you wouldn't want to work with them again? fair enough)
                    • the agency involved (if there is one) may put you at the bottom of the pile, if not black list you altogether
                    • people at client co have friends in tech, people get talked about
                    • some juicy new contract/agent might really want a reference from that client co

So there are 4 reasons not to go mental at them. All of them could affect your ability to earn.

Finally, be a bloody professional.

Comment

Working...
                    X