• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK regulators 'in denial' over Libor rigging, MPs claim

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK regulators 'in denial' over Libor rigging, MPs claim

"Asked by Michael Fallon MP whether “deliberate misreporting” qualified as “dishonesty”, Paul Tucker, the Bank’s deputy governor, conceded: “With hindsight, yes. But it did not set alarm bells ringing at the time... I didn’t address my mind to it.”

Pat McFadden MP said: “The American authorities all the way along have been more worried [about rigging] and more active in pursuing it than in the UK.”

Sir Mervyn, who claimed to have only found two weeks ago that rogue traders had been manipulating rates, said it had not been the Bank’s job to regulate – passing the buck to the FSA. He added: “Neither the Fed nor anyone sent us any evidence of misreporting.” "

Source: UK regulators 'in denial' over Libor rigging, MPs claim - Telegraph

So, Mr Tucker supposedly sees suggestions that LIBOR is being manipulated, makes alleged phones calls to some banks asking why they report higher LIBOR rates which then drop magically and that still did not make bells ringing

I can understand why they are not in jail, but why they still have jobs in Bank of England?

Working...
X