• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Irritating People

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irritating People

Is there anything worse than having to sit next to someone you find really irritating day after day?

Coffee's for closers

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Is there anything worse than having to sit next to someone you find really irritating day after day?

Is this your posting or has the person sitting next to you asked you to post it?

Comment

Sorry!

I'll move then shall I?

Comment

You're irritating for not telling us how they're irritating
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

You should not talk about your wife like that.

Comment

Headphones old boy.

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
              Headphones old boy.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/techn...eadphones.html

Coffee's for closers

Comment

Please let me know if you get some decent ones.

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
                  Please let me know if you get some decent ones.

Tempted by these

Nokia BH-905i Stereo Headset Fits Nokia N8 - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

or these:

Creative WP-350 Wireless Bluetooth Headphone with Mic: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

or these:

Philips SHB9100/00 Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

It can be annoying. The worst person I ever sat next to on a contract was this guy that just didn't understand he wasn't the world's greatest DJ as he imagined. He used to play the most obscure and crap music on his PC's loudspeakers all day, and try to engage others in conversation about his bizarre musical tastes.

Ironically, this guy decided to complain to his manager one time about some other guy in that office who used to whistle occasionally. As he was complaining, he went round the office polling opinions to try and make it seem like a consensus view. When he got to me, I just said "I do find the whistling a little bit distracting, but to be honest your music is quite intrusive too; would you mind using headphones?".

I try to live with whatever the environment's like at each place I go. However, other people inflicting their musical tastes on me whilst I'm trying to concentrate on technical work is one of the few things I can't tolerate: it just short-circuits my brain in a particular way that makes it no good for software development.

Comment

Working...
                    X