• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daily Mail and Daily Mirror - seriously prejudicial articles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Mail and Daily Mirror - seriously prejudicial articles

BBC News - Newspapers guilty of contempt in Levi Bellfield case

Would you adam and eve it?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Which is I haven't bought any of the opinionpaper rags for almost ten years because of the bollocks they propagandise.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
      Which is I haven't bought any of the opinionpaper rags for almost ten years because of the bollocks they propagandise.
      Occasionally I find them left on the train. Makes me sick to read them. Even the Telegraph is dumbed down.

And I am thick! Goodness knows how intelligent people cope.

Comment

Google Images is useless. I used it once to search for a photo of farm equipment and it showed me twenty thousand pictures of horse dicks.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Are you still paying for the left wing propaganda of the bbc though?

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
            Are you still paying for the left wing propaganda of the bbc though?
            Nope.

An easy one that. One "Implied right of access denied to TV Licensing/Capita" notice outside my front door (which prevents the salesmen from approaching my property due to trespassing), one cancelled direct debit, a plethora of automated fake threatening letters later which are meaningless gobbledegook which can be cancelled quickly by a signed letter showing attempted harassment by the private company Capita Business Services, and I've saved £145.50/year for over three years which I've spent on wine, cheap hookers and motorbikes.

And I still get the benefit of watching the odd prog such as Top Gear live without having to worry about fake TV detector vans and so called "search warrants".

If everyone knew how simple it was in today's digital world, the licence fee would disappear overnight.

Loads on the net.
            Last edited by hyperD; 18 July 2012, 19:29.

Comment

It is sensationalist crap, I particularly am disgusted when the title of an article has nothing to do with the content. I mainly find this with the "Muslim" ones...read in side and you find it has nothing to do with religion or even a muslim person at all.

These days I am surprised that papers still exist. I haven't bought one in over 5 years.
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Nope.

An easy one that. One "Implied right of access denied to TV Licensing/Capita" notice outside my front door (which prevents the salesmen from approaching my property due to trespassing), one cancelled direct debit, a plethora of automated fake threatening letters later which are meaningless gobbledegook which can be cancelled quickly by a signed letter showing attempted harassment by the private company Capita Business Services, and I've saved £145.50/year for over three years which I've spent on wine, cheap hookers and motorbikes.

And I still get the benefit of watching the odd prog such as Top Gear live without having to worry about fake TV detector vans and so called "search warrants".

If everyone knew how simple it was in today's digital world, the licence fee would disappear overnight.

Loads on the net.
                Since I came back to Blighty I have not had a TV. I occasionally take a look at the schedules and the only thing that impresses me is how they manage to fill it up with crap. The BBC is a dinosaur and pushes out old repeats and programmes are made for the lowest common denominator. Sadly the BBC News has lost its independence and news items are really promos for the UK government. There are very good news channels on the net from Europe and the rest of the world. By watching a selection one can gain a balanced view.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Since I came back to Blighty I have not had a TV. I occasionally take a look at the schedules and the only thing that impresses me is how they manage to fill it up with crap. The BBC is a dinosaur and pushes out old repeats and programmes are made for the lowest common denominator. Sadly the BBC News has lost its independence and news items are really promos for the UK government. There are very good news channels on the net from Europe and the rest of the world. By watching a selection one can gain a balanced view.
                  Yeah, totally. It just irritates me whenever I casually view their broadcast whether it be the numbingly dull breakfast chitchat or the totally biased (often by omission) news and propaganda pieces. And don't get me started on their global warming bollocks either...

Still, give them credit for "enforcing" the telly tax for so long by their constant streaming of adverts of fear for the consequences of not paying the licence fee.

Watchout! We'll send an empty TV detector van around. You may be breaking the law.

All total bollocks but most of the subservient populace simply doff their caps and duly pay, as they've been programmed to do.

I was amazed how easy and quick it was to stop paying the telly tax without any consequences whatsoever.

I've had quite a few people do what I've done and surprise, surprise, nothing has happened.

It still makes me laugh when people say "The Tories must do something to stop the BBC bias". Bloody sheeple, the last thing a politician is going to do to jeopardise his troughing, is to mess about with the BBC.

And yet, the answer is staring back at them in the mirror. Yes, they can stop it. By cancelling their telly tax.

Comment

Working...
                  X