• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If the universe consists of an infinite number of parallel universes.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the universe consists of an infinite number of parallel universes.....

If the universe consists of an infinite number of parallel universes where each conceivable option throughout the last 13.7bn of existence is simultaneously played out, wouldn't logic state that in one of those parallel universes parallel universes don't exist?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

I would say several of them wouldn't exist cos they would have obliterated themselves, ie the ones where we did blow everything up, the ones where we collapsed a few black holes, the ones where Paper Lace stayed at No.1......

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      I would say several of them wouldn't exist cos they would have obliterated themselves, ie the ones where we did blow everything up, the ones where we collapsed a few black holes, the ones where Paper Lace stayed at No.1......
      But in the parallel universe in which parallel universes don't exist does that mean the original parallel universe doesn't exist so the parallel universe where parallel universe don't exist can't exist as a parallel universe of a universe that doesn't exist

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        But in the parallel universe in which parallel universes don't exist does that mean the original parallel universe doesn't exist so the parallel universe where parallel universe don't exist can't exist as a parallel universe of a universe that doesn't exist
        Da Nyet.....

Comment

I think we should have a poll. With an Andyw option of course.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

There are exceptions though. For example, Sasguru would be a twat in all of them.
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I don't really understand all the hatred of Sasguru ; he seems a nice enough chap to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                I don't really understand all the hatred of Sasguru ; he seems a nice enough chap to me.
                Erm, ok, thanks for that bit of bromance

Comment

If the universe consists of an infinite number of parallel universes where each conceivable option throughout the last 13.7bn of existence is simultaneously played out, wouldn't logic state that in one of those parallel universes parallel universes don't exist?
                  No. The existence of parallel universes is a property of the multiverse - the collection of universes; not of single universes within the mulitverse.

Infinite, however, does not mean "every possible". Of all the possible integers, there are an infinite number of even integers - not one of which is 3. However, there are exactly as many even integers as their are integers.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If you have a parallel universe why would everything be slightly different (as they are on telly where everyone has a counterpart).....if there some slight differences millions and millions of years ago this would lead to a totallly different world....i.e. a mutant ape a bit more intelligent than the rest of the clan falls off a cliff so stopping evolution to man.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X