• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should I raise this with my manager?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I raise this with my manager?

I have recently moved to a new project with the same clientco, and it appears clear that my new project role requires a higher degree of responsibility than my previous one. For example I am leading sessions with stakeholders and taking ownership of large deliverables.

Up until now my title has been Business Analyst, however I think my greater responsibility should be reflected in my job title. I know a title is just a collection of words but at least I would feel like the company valued me a little more.

Does anyone have any experience of raising this kind of thing with their manager?

Originally posted by BusinessAnalyst2012 View Post
    I have recently moved to a new project with the same clientco, and it appears clear that my new project role requires a higher degree of responsibility than my previous one. For example I am leading sessions with stakeholders and taking ownership of large deliverables.

Up until now my title has been Business Analyst, however I think my greater responsibility should be reflected in my job title. I know a title is just a collection of words but at least I would feel like the company valued me a little more.

Does anyone have any experience of raising this kind of thing with their manager?
    Call yourself a contractor? A job title means nothing more than a nice phrase on your CV.

The only thing additional responsibility can offer is a reason to ask for more money come renewal time.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

My job title has always been "Scumbag contractor".
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Grow a pair. You're working for your own company. Call yourself whatever you think appropriate. I'd suggest "bedwetter".
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Titles mean nothing, pound notes everything.

Comment

i'm sorry mate but if clientco want you to do more without paying for it then they don't value you.
            Totally agree with others that it's all about the cash. Good luck with getting it.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              Totally agree with others that it's all about the cash. Good luck with getting it.
              Does that mean we're all proper whores

Comment

Originally posted by rambaugh View Post
                Yep.
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by rambaugh View Post
                  Everyone is, but some realise it and some wont till later.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    My job title has always been "Scumbag contractor".
                    I prefer Scumbag consultant. Or maybe Senior Scumbag.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X