• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed in Manchester??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed in Manchester??

Finally after messing about from Coop and the FSA deal is agreed

Nice juicy integration projects coming up....

BBC News - Co-op to buy 632 Lloyds bank branches
    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Originally posted by portseven View Post

You say this but every time I hear of a merger of this sort there hardly is an influx of new job ads on Jobserve, I think that their internal existing staff just get worked harder or get diverted or it goes to Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
      You say this but every time I hear of a merger of this sort there hardly is an influx of new job ads on Jobserve, I think that their internal existing staff just get worked harder or get diverted or it goes to Bob.
      Lloyds sells 632 branches to Co-op for £1.25bn less than hoped for - Telegraph

Lloyds will also underwrite the debt Co-op will sell to pay for the deal, as well as letting Co-op use its IT platform for the branches, which come with £1.5bn of equity capital and £11bn of risk-weighted assets.
      So move along nothing to see here.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I wouldnt hold your breath. The Co Op's internet banking GUI is tulipe. I could develop something far better looking and a lot easier to navigate. For some obscure reason, either the Co op or their developers think the current version is great.

If they cant grasp the tulipeness of their current app, I doubt very much they'll do anything system wise just because they've bought 600 odd branches.

BTW, I use the Co Op's internet banking as it provides free banking via the FSB.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Let's see what happens, I hear they have the same problems as all the other banks in the region.

Comment

Any idea what branches are going? My LtdCo is with Lloyds
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Have you ever considered starting your own newspaper and calling it 'Last Years News' ?

By the time you get your CV in, the bulk of the work will be long since completed.

You might pick up the odd gig changing signs above branch doors, if you're quick
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Any idea what branches are going? My LtdCo is with Lloyds
                The ones that used to Cheltenham and Gloucester or TSB.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  Have you ever considered starting your own newspaper and calling it 'Last Years News' ?

By the time you get your CV in, the bulk of the work will be long since completed.

You might pick up the odd gig changing signs above branch doors, if you're quick
                  I finished at the Coop a few months ago believe me they've not even started!! In fact when I went the talk was of the the deal not going through.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    The ones that used to Cheltenham and Gloucester or TSB.

The first rule of Project ***** is, you do not talk about Project *****
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                    X