• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Rip Off Merry-Go-Round

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Rip Off Merry-Go-Round

BBC News - 'Lack of evidence' that popular sports products work

Puma declined to provide his research team with any studies to prove that their shoes can deliver on those claims.
    BBC News - Popular trainer brands lose out to fakes

it is also unfair to the consumer because of all the technology and innovation placed into Nike footwear and Nike products."
    Coffee's for closers

People are weak minded and often fall for advertising, mind you on the supplements front I take a lot of supplements and there are numerous studies into how they benefit the body and aid training.

With regards to fake goods I experienced this lately when I was looking to buy a TRX suspension trainer, they had them on Gumtree for 60GBP brand new but they're double that in the shops. I did a search online and found that 1000's of fake are being made in China and are of poor quality and led people to have accidents and injure themselves. I deplore fake goods
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

People want the latest fashion but don't want to pay the associated prices, I am not a label snob but if I were I would buy fake rather than spunk good money over something that is only in fashion for 5 mins.
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        People want the latest fashion but don't want to pay the associated prices, I am not a label snob but if I were I would buy fake rather than spunk good money over something that is only in fashion for 5 mins.
        When I was a young chap, I had Fred Perry, Wrangler and Lacoste gear and it wasn't pricey.

What happened?

Comment

I tend not to adhere to trends in fashion, still if I see something that's good quality I'll buy it. I always say if you buy cheap you buy twice
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

I bought a Facom screwdriver set from eBay to find out they were fakes. Handbags, trainers and clothes you might expect it, but screwdrivers?
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Just looked up Facom Screwdrivers and these are no ordinary screwdrivers my friend, how did you know they were fake?
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                Just looked up Facom Screwdrivers and these are no ordinary screwdrivers my friend, how did you know they were fake?
                One of the flat bladed ones snapped at the tip, another went blunt within a fortnight. Also the name was not accurately stamped. I had an older single screwdriver and they were very similar but not 100% identical.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  When I was a young chap, I had Fred Perry, Wrangler and Lacoste gear and it wasn't pricey.

What happened?
                  Don't forget Dunlop Green Flash trainers

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
                    Don't forget Dunlop Green Flash trainers
                    Are they a tip-top brand these days as well?

I must admit they used to be comfy.

Comment

Working...
                    X