• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gary McKinnon 'no choice' but to refuse medical test

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gary McKinnon 'no choice' but to refuse medical test

"Computer hacker Gary McKinnon "has no choice" but to refuse a medical test to see if he is fit to be extradited to the US, his mother has said.

Janis Sharp said it was "an impossibility" because the expert chosen by the Home Office had no experience with Asperger's syndrome.

Mr McKinnon, from north London, admits hacking US military computers but says he was looking for evidence of UFOs.

If he is convicted in the US, he could face up to 60 years in jail.

Experts say there is a high risk Mr McKinnon, who has Asperger's syndrome, could kill himself if extradited.

On 5 July High Court judges said a review by a Home Office-appointed medical assessor should take place, in a bid to conclude the case. The family had until 19 July to agree.

Mrs Sharp told BBC Three Counties Radio: "It is not a refusal, he had no choice - it is an impossibility because the assessment they want him to have is by someone who has no experience and wouldn't be able to diagnose his suicide risk."

BBC News - Gary McKinnon 'no choice' but to refuse medical test

LOL - why is he not on the first rendition flight to USA?

Somebody must send him South Park DVD with "Ass Burgers" episode

Forgive me if I am wrong but why should he NOT be sent over their for trial? He broke the law, was caught and admitted breaking the law. Being autisc does not excuse you from acting within the law.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Has the US extradited those 23 CIA officers that were convicted in absentia of kidnapping EU citizens and protected persons yet? If not, why are we even considering sending any EU citizen in the opposite direction? Is it only geeks with Aspergers and old men that export batteries from the US that we hold to account these days?

I believe your countrymen have a saying for this situation, AtW: "The big thieves hang the little ones".

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Forgive me if I am wrong but why should he NOT be sent over their for trial? He broke the law, was caught and admitted breaking the law. Being autisc does not excuse you from acting within the law.

That's what's wrong with this country. Your government and court system can allow (and assist with) sending some loony to the states to get butt-****ed in a max security jail for doing no damage to anything, but the same system will fight for the rights of a rapist living here illegally in case he gets treated 'unfairly' in his own country.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

WHS

The fact that he may or may not be suicide risk should have zero effect on course of justice

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            That's what's wrong with this country. Your government and court system can allow (and assist with) sending some loony to the states to get butt-****ed in a max security jail for doing no damage to anything, but the same system will fight for the rights of a rapist living here illegally in case he gets treated 'unfairly' in his own country.
            He has admitted doing damage to systems, deleting information etc fro Navy Systems.

And I agree they system is ****ed up, but yet we are the only ones who play by the rules.

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

He did the states a favour by exposing their lousy security. If he had done some heinous crime then send him back.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                WHS

The fact that he may or may not be suicide risk should have zero effect on course of justice
                Nope, will solve the problem, also reduce the prison over crowding too

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  You are all heart. Anyway I thought that rule only applied for the rich - like Ernest Saunders.

Comment

Nope, will solve the problem, also reduce the prison over crowding too
                    Shame if it happens to be you fitted up and cannot take another night of Mr Big cuddling up to you.

Comment

Working...
                    X