• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

would the last freelance contractor in the uk please put the lights out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would the last freelance contractor in the uk please put the lights out

Civil servant 'contractor' staff to be paid as employees after six months in crackdown on tax avoidance | Mail Online

it really is uuuberdooom

p.s. why cant they do something about the bobs whilst they're at it

You've never had it so good.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Any public sector gig I have done has been max 3 months so I would think it would not hit general IT contractors.

Comment

The way it is going, public sector contracts won't be paying more than £220/day anyway.

£250/day is the current asking rate in Glasgow for public sector contract PM's and it is only going downwards. Who takes these gigs?

I want to know how I can set myself up as an Indian company then ICT myself here and pay no tax at all.

Al.
        Back at the coal face

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
          Civil servant 'contractor' staff to be paid as employees after six months in crackdown on tax avoidance | Mail Online

it really is uuuberdooom

Only a mental would take a public sector contract. I had one once and swore never again.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post

it really is uuuberdooom

"Civil servants working on contracts of more than six months or earning more than £220 a day will be paid as employees as part of efforts to stamp out tax avoidance in government departments."

This can be very important qualification because not every contractor working for public sector is a civil servant.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              Only a mental would take a public sector contract. I had one once and swore never again.
              +1
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

On the plus side, HMRC computer systems should grind to a halt, now they will only be maintained by Bobs.
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                  On the plus side, HMRC computer systems should grind to a halt, now they will only be maintained by Bobs.
                  Let's hope they put it into an RBS deathspiral.

I wonder if HMRC know how many of the guys on aspire are freelance... Probably not they are incompetent ******* morons.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                    Let's hope they put it into an RBS deathspiral.

I wonder if HMRC know how many of the guys on aspire are freelance... Probably not they are incompetent ******* morons.
                    Blame the organ grinder not the monkeys. This is all down to the govt and weak ass Cameron not standing up to the squib dems
                    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                    X