• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ow my eyes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ow my eyes

It's only rained once today and now there's a bright thing in the sky. My pupils haven't been this small since March.

What's the word on the street with regard to polarised lenses on sunglasses? Bovvered? I happened to have some polarised sheets from yonks back and thought I'd cut some eye pieces out to cover my £1 sunglasses, in readiness for holiday. A bit of a wrinkly result but nevertheless they seem to cut a bit of extra reflected glare when horizontal.

NSFW

Comment

I was in Edinburgh this morning for an interview, and was pleasantly surprised when the dank, dreary lower-level of Waverley station gave way to beautiful sunshine out in the street. It was a lovely day there.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        It's only rained once today and now there's a bright thing in the sky. My pupils haven't been this small since March.

What's the word on the street with regard to polarised lenses on sunglasses? Bovvered? I happened to have some polarised sheets from yonks back and thought I'd cut some eye pieces out to cover my £1 sunglasses, in readiness for holiday. A bit of a wrinkly result but nevertheless they seem to cut a bit of extra reflected glare when horizontal.
        They're great for boating, and driving in conditions where it's wet but sunny. They cut out all reflection from wet shiny horizontal surfaces that would otherwise blind you. However, they can block out some older LCD screens, because the light they give out is polarised. More modern screens are deliberately polarised at 45 degrees to avoid this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
          I was in Edinburgh this morning for an interview, and was pleasantly surprised when the dank, dreary lower-level of Waverley station gave way to beautiful sunshine out in the street. It was a lovely day there.
          They have sun in Scotland?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            They have sun in Scotland?
            We get all the tabloids.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              NSFW

Comment

is it still grim there ?

must be global warming
                (\__/)