• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why can't the IMF just fook off?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why can't the IMF just fook off?

Debt crisis: IMF calls on Coalition to draw up 'Plan B' - Telegraph

If they sorted out Europe then confidence would return and the UK would be fine. But that ugly old hag keeps proping up the krauts.

Why did the USA (who bankroll the IMF) put a European in charge? Surely an American or even an Asian would have been better.

Plan A seems to involve an economy based on printing money, so what plan B does the IMF have in mind?

Comment

Well, IMF was very good at ruining 3rd world countries like Russia in 1998, and before that crisis in Asia until nobody started listening to them - it's only fair they give same medicine to the western countries now

Oh wait, I am here now!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Oh wait, I am here now!
        So we have the IMF to blame do we?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Plan A seems to involve an economy based on printing money, so what plan B does the IMF have in mind?
          Get somebody else to print money.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Well, IMF was very good at ruining 3rd world countries like Russia in 1998, and before that crisis in Asia until nobody started listening to them - it's only fair they give same medicine to the western countries now

Oh wait, I am here now!
            So 3rd world countries ruin their own economies and it is the IMF who are at fault?
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Anyone see "This Week" last night, when Portillo said a whole generation of bankers should be culled and the Bank Of England should be run by a foreigner? I was , but the programme continued as if he had remarked on the weather.

Comment

Anyone see "This Week" last night, when Portillo said a whole generation of bankers should be culled and the Bank Of England should be run by a foreigner? I was , but the programme continued as if he had remarked on the weather.
                He's right. I think we should put Tibetan monks in charge of banks.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The IMF will become the World Central Bank however it is based on funny money.
                  When money was gold, it was the only time real money existed. Gold reserves have diminished and the US will not even allow international inspection. It is possible that the US only has 10% of what it claims and gold that it has been looking after on behalf of other countries has been sold. Du Gaul was the only sensible leader who took his from the USA when the going was good.
                  Money sort of worked when it became paper based on assets but know money is debt ie: The banks sell each other debt packages that they apply a value to. To borrow from the IMF is in fact purchasing debt packages from the IMF. The banks are in total control and the heads of government haven’t a clue on how to act.
                  The only way out is to nationalise all banks and split them up into several small banks that can be sold off. Banks that fail will then not be too big to fail.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    The only way out is to nationalise all banks and split them up into several small banks that can be sold off. Banks that fail will then not be too big to fail.
                    Certainly the banks bad debts need to be written off and splitting the retail/IB arms. But before banks will start to lend there needs to be a return of confidence.

I don't believe government should ever be involved in business.

Comment

Working...
                    X