• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

away day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

away day

Hello All

My client has booked a half day away day with all sorts of games et al for all the employees of the department. I am the only contractor here. They've asked me to come along. What would people of the know advise? To Go or stay back as the only one in the office and show work spirit

Cheerio

Jon

Originally posted by jonbon View Post
    Hello All

My client has booked a half day away day with all sorts of games et al for all the employees of the department. I am the only contractor here. They've asked me to come along. What would people of the know advise? To Go or stay back as the only one in the office and show work spirit

Cheerio

Jon
    It depends if they will pay you a full day and let you go to the games in the afternoon. If they won't pay you, i'd stay in the office and work.

Comment

Avoid games of hide the sausage with senior management

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Avoid games of hide the sausage with senior management unless shes fit
        FTFY

Comment

Hello All

Cheerio

Jon
          I'd rather have my eyes put out with a sh**ty stick than spend time outside of the office with the people I work with. TBH I expect most people feel the same.

Comment

IF Awayday = Billable
            THEN 'yes, I'll be there'
            ELSE 'getstuffed'
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Hello All

Cheerio

Jon
              Go if you want to, but try not to win anything or be at the front of the queue for anything.

Because I feel like I am watching what I do, I tend not to go, (have other plans), if evening event, just pop-in for an hour.

I keep a low profile, it's not my company.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                IF Awayday = Billable THEN
                'yes, I'll be there'
                ELSE
                'getstuffed'
                END IF
                Readability and Syntax !! FTFY

If you're getting paid for having a good time, then go for it.

Contrary to popular contractor belief there is, IMHO, nothing wrong with actually liking the permy people that you work with and therefore enjoying a beer with them.
                Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  IF Awayday = Billable
                  THEN 'yes, I'll be there'
                  ELSE 'getstuffed'
                  I would inverse the IF ELSE myself

IF AwayDay !=Billable THEN
                  GetStuffed
                  END IF
                  'yes, I'll be there'

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
                    I would inverse the IF ELSE myself

IF AwayDay !=Billable THEN
                    GetStuffed
                    END IF
                    'yes, I'll be there'
                    This is turning into an Agile project.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X