• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another MOD Cockup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another MOD Cockup

BBC News - UK receives first F-35 stealth fighter jet from US

It has been a long and expensive wait, but Britain has now been handed its first Joint Strike Fighter jet, also known as the F-35.

Defence Secretary Phillip Hammond flew out in person to the searing heat of Fort Worth, Texas, for the official handover ceremony from its US manufacturer Lockheed Martin.
    Stealth fighter? But I can clearly see it in the picture!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Very clearly a cock up....

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

They wasted a trick here, they could have simply announced that they are spending 1 trn on them, then not bought them. No one would have known they are stealth fighters aren't they?

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
      They wasted a trick here, they could have simply announced that they are spending 1 trn on them, then not bought them. No one would have known they are stealth fighters aren't they?
      Only while they are actually fighting.

Otherwise the aircrew would never find them to get on board, would they.

Comment

What happened to the Eurofighters we were supposed to be paying billions for?

Haven't heard much about them recently, so maybe they're the stealth craft.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

They have been in service since 2008!

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Surely you don't even need to buy stealth aircraft? Just fake some invoices and say you've bought 200 heavily armed stealth fighters and bombers and they will be stationed at secret locations around the world, ready to strike at a moment's notice. Nobody wil know.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
              Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Surely you don't even need to buy stealth aircraft? Just fake some invoices and say you've bought 200 heavily armed stealth fighters and bombers and they will be stationed at secret locations around the world, ready to strike at a moment's notice. Nobody wil know.
              KUATB!

Comment

KUATB!
                tractor´s post was so stealthy I missed it. It works you see!
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

You can see the dummy one. The stealth one is just above the one in the picture. Or below it. Or maybe a little to the left. Put on your tinfoil hat, it should appear.
                  Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

There was one performing manouvres for the British Open golf crowd yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                    X