• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Project Manager's about to be fired

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project Manager's about to be fired

Oh dear. I've only been here a week or so and it's already clear to me that the PM's a chocolate teapot. He's leaving to go on holiday today for three weeks and the Program Manager (his boss) has just told me 'you and the other test manager might find you have to sort things out yourselves, after his holiday too'. This, after several others have said 'that guy's useless and he'll be out before long'.

Can't say I disagree.

Exciting!

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Hi Suity. Long time no see.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Not very professional to circumvent the management structure by talking about one of your direct reports to their direct reports, especially when the person you choose to have a water cooler moment with has only been in situ for a week. Don't be surprised if the Program Manager does the same to you next: you can't trust people like that. ClientCo management bitching amongst themselves to me is a clear Red Flag if ever I saw one. I'm not there to play Office Politiks, and neither are most contractors.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
        Not very professional to circumvent the management structure by talking about one of your direct reports to their direct reports, especially when the person you choose to have a water cooler moment with has only been in situ for a week. Don't be surprised if the Program Manager does the same to you next: you can't trust people like that. ClientCo management bitching amongst themselves to me is a clear Red Flag if ever I saw one. I'm not there to play Office Politiks, and neither are most contractors.
        True, but me not care as long as me get paid. I don't play politics either, I just didn't jump to his defence.

And honestly, the guy's a hopeless case. Former civil servant from the Dutch Dept of Education. He makes dogturd look useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          True, but me not care as long as me get paid. I don't play politics either, I just didn't jump to his defence.

And honestly, the guy's a hopeless case. Former civil servant from the Dutch Dept of Education. He makes dogturd look useful.
          You didn't do anything wrong. And the person in question probably is a numpty. There are ways and ways, though, and what your PM's boss did raises more of a question mark over him than it does over some inconsequential PM.

Comment

Mich - remember what happened to poor Wilmslow...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Mich - remember what happened to poor Wilmslow...
              I know. TBH this new place is so slow and bureaucratic I'm not worried; I am in the fortunate position of having earned enough this year to not need a gig for quite some time; it'd be nice to build the warchest up a bit further though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                I know. TBH this new place is so slow and bureaucratic I'm not worried; I am in the fortunate position of having earned enough this year to not need a gig for quite some time; it'd be nice to build the warchest up a bit further though.
                They looking for a new PM by any chance
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  They looking for a new PM by any chance
                  WHS

i'm no good either but it obviously didn't stop the last guy milking it for a while http://forums.contractoruk.com/images/smilies/wink3.gif

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
                    WHS
                    He!
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X