• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Lunch....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Lunch....

Had a craving for Fish and Chips :drool:

Now need to find somewhere to have a little kip :zzzzzzz:
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

The last ClientCo office I was in, there was a bob there that was leaving the same day as my first day on site, and he bought everyone fish and chips as a leaving thing; he was a really nice guy that everybody liked. The company in question were moving to new offices about a month later, though, and when we got there they sent round a memo saying that fish and chips were henceforth banned from their new place. They even made a conscious decision to not have a microwave in the new office, in an effort to avoid any food smells, even though there was a separate kitchen. I often wondered if that guy's last day leaving gift was a combined subtle dig as well as a nice gesture, as it clearly had a lasting effect on management thinking!

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
      The last ClientCo office I was in, there was a bob there that was leaving the same day as my first day on site, and he bought everyone fish and chips as a leaving thing; he was a really nice guy that everybody liked. The company in question were moving to new offices about a month later, though, and when we got there they sent round a memo saying that fish and chips were henceforth banned from their new place. They even made a conscious decision to not have a microwave in the new office, in an effort to avoid any food smells, even though there was a separate kitchen. I often wondered if that guy's last day leaving gift was a combined subtle dig as well as a nice gesture, as it clearly had a lasting effect on management thinking!
      Worked at one place where if one person got chicken katsu curry from the Japanese Canteen, then everyone ended up getting it for their lunch as the aroma in the office was so enticing
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Had a craving for Fish and Chips :drool:

Now need to find somewhere to have a little kip :zzzzzzz:
        Just had a loverly fush & chups at a local Fullers pub.

And a pint.

Superb.
        Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Pizza and Salad.

It was what the staff canteen was serving. At least I did 30 minutes in the gym first. After my cycle into work. Tonight=cycle home plus lake swimming.

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
            Just had a loverly fush & chups at a local Fullers pub.

And a pint.

Superb.
            Some pub grub is great. There used to be a great wee pub near to a place I worked back in '07 that did steak pie and chips at lunchtime. I took my team down as a group a couple of times as a thankyou for their good work. Fun times.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
              Some pub grub is great. There used to be a great wee pub near to a place I worked back in '07 that did steak pie and chips at lunchtime. I took my team down as a group a couple of times as a thankyou for their good work. Fun times.
              Hard to find decent pub grub these days.

Most of them have about 20 million things on the menu, all of which go straight from the freezer to microwave or deep fat fryer, freshest thing on it is the side garnishes.

Though the Counting House on Cornhill ( cuk drinks venue) does some nice pies ( ask K2P2, she's a big fan) and basic pub grub.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Hard to find decent pub grub these days.

Most of them have about 20 million things on the menu, all of which go straight from the freezer to microwave or deep fat fryer, freshest thing on it is the side garnishes.

Though the Counting House on Cornhill ( cuk drinks venue) does some nice pies ( ask K2P2, she's a big fan) and basic pub grub.
                You calling K2P2 fat! How very dare you!
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                X