• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Virgin Mobile

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virgin Mobile

Just had to call Virgin Mobile due to a cock up with my account billing only to find out they have been outsourced to India from Trowbridge (2011 apparently). Usual issues with having to dial 3 times to get through after stuck in the queue for x minutes and then cut off each time, and then agent not listening to my requests and trying to cross sell irrelevant products to me.

Time for a change or provider, VM's usp was the UK based call centre, no queues and people who could provide some sort of value.

giffgaff
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

I am with them - but they are okay so far.

Comment

Yeah I had an interesting time trying to get the account owner changed into MyCo's name so it can go through the company books. Not a difficult process ordinarily, except that Bob couldn't understand me and I couldn't understand him, despite whatever I asked being "not a problem".

Call lasted 20 minutes, say 5 min. waiting, 5 min. explaining what I wanted, and 10 min. of patiently spelling out M-y-C-o L-t-d with the phonetic alphabet before he finally got it, or so I thought - checked online afterwards and there was a 'king typo in the name and he'd re-entered my address incorrectly despite this not changing at all! Called back a few days later and got someone with a Dutch sounding accent, so it might depend on what time of day you call.

Comment

I think (I could be wrong) that O2 are the only ones with native call centres. Orange, 3, Virgin and Vodaphone use India I believe.

I might move to O2 on a pay as you go monthly to see what they are like. I am on Orange.

Comment

3's based out of Berkshire, they do use overseas, but only to cover the 24/7 period. 8-8 you should get the UK call centre.

T Mobiles the same I think, North East based.

Comment

I probably should have said totally native.

I thought I had lost my orange phone and called at about 10 in the evening to get a lock on it and the lines had closed. I mean what feckin use is that to anyone? Move support to bob land and still do not run a 24 hour operation.

I'm out when the contract is up.

Comment

I think it is Accenture VM have outsourced to.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                  3's based out of Berkshire, they do use overseas, but only to cover the 24/7 period. 8-8 you should get the UK call centre.

T Mobiles the same I think, North East based.
                  My wife is still on 3. She has called a few times with various issues. She called in normal UK working hours and each time got through to deepest darkest Mumbai. Eventually on the last call she requested her PAC code. Only then did a UK based person speak to her. Even he said that most people complain when leaving 3 about their overseas call centres.....and the reception!

So this week I'll be looking to get her a new contract. She wants an I-Phone because she 'knows how to use them' All she ever does is ring people and text. She could do that on a Nokia N95!!
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                  X