• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stop whining

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop whining

Says Coe, the runner guy. He also says the Games will be safe and secure, so that's all right then.

He urged people to "cut out the whining", and to "get behind our team and the Games".
    BBC News - London 2012: Coe promises 'safe and secure Games'
    I've already done my bit and have voted for the Olympians that I would most like to get behind.

In other news Roger Bannister is still alive I wonder if he will light the cauldron. No woman has yet run a sub four minute mile, not even ones with husky voices. Steve Redgrave would also be acceptable.

If the ticket sales had been fairer I would get behind it.

Though I enjoyed our visit to HMS Ocean. And the visit to the missiles at Oxleas meadow.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I got free ticket for myself and a guest, how much fairer do you want it to be?

Comment

This is going too far:

Comment

Fairer - as in you getting one ...

Comment

Though I enjoyed our visit to HMS Ocean. And the visit to the missiles at Oxleas meadow.
            Now there's an idea for the kid's school holidays - a trip to the Olympic missile sites
            'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
            Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
              Now there's an idea for the kid's school holidays - a trip to the Olympic missile sites
              I found it really amusing to hear about local residents trying to get those sites removed by taking legal action

Did something like this happen during Battle of Britain I wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                I found it really amusing to hear about local residents trying to get those sites removed by taking legal action

Did something like this happen during Battle of Britain I wonder?
                Apparently they felt it was making them a "target", hmmmmm, not sure if al-qaeda's prime target is going to be a high rise block full of chav scum in the east end.

I'm sure the no-win, no-fee solicitors are having a field day on this.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  Apparently they felt it was making them a "target", hmmmmm, not sure if al-qaeda's prime target is going to be a high rise block full of chav scum in the east end.

I'm sure the no-win, no-fee solicitors are having a field day on this.
                  They'd be targetting the missiles... the tower block would be collateral damage
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
                    Fairer - as in you getting one ...
                    The way they were sold was a complete shambles.

(And yes I've got some. I also can see some events free if I can be bothered.)
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X