• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car park operators accused of ripping off motorists following three-fold rise in char

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car park operators accused of ripping off motorists following three-fold rise in char

"Mr Tope, 57, global sales director of the Dreyfuss Group which includes Rotary watches, parks his Mercedes-E-class coupe in the car-park after his commute from Buckingham to his office in Regent Street said: ’I spoke to the lady at the car park and said there must be a mistake. She said the price had gone up because of the Olympics.

It’s outrageous. It is exorbitant. It’s not as if you can get any more cars in. The overheads will be roughly the same. They’re simply hiking the price to boost profits during the Olympics.

‘Sometimes I do take the train. But I need the car in town because I often have to drive somewhere on business to see a client.’"

Car park operators accused of ripping off motorists following three-fold rise in charges | Mail Online

What would sales director of NCP say I wonder?

I got my new Merc Coupe t'other week

Its a very nice
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

He can't be doing that well if he only has an E-Class, I feel for him then as the charges are probably too high for him
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

blatant profiteering all throughout the olynmpics. it's not just car parks. hotels as well.
        it's all a scandal in my opinion and for that reason, i'm out.
        well....not visiting during the olympics
        Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
          blatant profiteering all throughout the olynmpics. it's not just car parks. hotels as well.
          it's all a scandal in my opinion and for that reason, i'm out.
          well....not visiting during the olympics
          It is just the market way of balancing supply and demand.

Which is why petrol should be taxed £2 a litre. Or as high as it takes to make the roads less congested.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            I got my new Merc Coupe t'other week

Its a very nice
            Oh, it sure look nice - did you go petrol or diesel?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Oh, it sure look nice - did you go petrol or diesel?
              Diesel - 220 auto in black
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                It is just the market way of balancing supply and demand.

Which is why petrol should be taxed £2 a litre. Or as high as it takes to make the roads less congested.
                The level of "duty" on petrol is not in place to act as a disinsentive to road users. It is set after very clever financial modelling to determine just how hard the stone can be squeezed to extract the optimum amount of blood with out it shattering.

The same is true for the road fund licence, alcohol and tobacco.

This may not be "The Matrix" but we're sure as hell getting milked.

HTH.

Comment

Working...
                X