• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh deer...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh deer...

So, taken 2wks off (first day off this year) and drove up to a rented cottage yesterday, got here about 6pm.

Decided to pop in to inveraray today and treat me to some decent whisky. 4 miles from cottages, turn on to a country, leave a 40mph zone and accelerate to 60mph (had kids in the car so behaving, plus it was lightly raining...) Gone about another 1/2mile and BANG. A fecking deer runs out, didn't have time or chance to react.

Passenger side wing wiped out, bonnet folded under, brackets in engine compartment shattered, bumper segment and frills all trashed. Approx £4k worth of damage and no idea (as its Sunday) on if and when car will be sorted... Luckily we're all good and thank god for insurance.

Deer is dead and it was too big to fit in the boot. Gutted.
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

If you are the killer, then you're not allowed the road-kill.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Time for some 'Freddie Got Fingered'...

Did you try this?

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
        So, taken 2wks off (first day off this year) and drove up to a rented cottage yesterday, got here about 6pm.

Decided to pop in to inveraray today and treat me to some decent whisky. 4 miles from cottages, turn on to a country, leave a 40mph zone and accelerate to 60mph (had kids in the car so behaving, plus it was lightly raining...) Gone about another 1/2mile and BANG. A fecking deer runs out, didn't have time or chance to react.

Passenger side wing wiped out, bonnet folded under, brackets in engine compartment shattered, bumper segment and frills all trashed. Approx £4k worth of damage and no idea (as its Sunday) on if and when car will be sorted... Luckily we're all good and thank god for insurance.

Deer is dead and it was too big to fit in the boot. Gutted.
        You killed Bambi - your kids will be scarred for life
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Mmmmmmm, bambi stew, bambi steaks, smoked bambi, bbq'd bambi..........

Shame about the car though.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I think I'll just nip off and make myself a Babe sandwich.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                I think I'll just nip off and make myself a Babe sandwich.
                Breast or thigh?
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  Breast or thigh?
                  He might have been referring to this recipe:

Take 2 babes
                  Sandwich yourself between them
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Scarey

this time, it was only the deer that died. poor deer
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X