• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chirping

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chirping

BBC News - Chirp app sends smartphone data via 'digital birdsong'

For a jaded old technology journalist it is rare to come across an innovation that immediately makes you go "wow". But that was my reaction when I was shown Chirp a few days ago.

The simplicity and the sheer fun of an app that chirps information from one phone to another is hugely appealing, both retro and futuristic at the same time.

But the small team of computer scientists who've developed the app at UCL have big ambitions.

They want the word "to chirp" to enter the vocabulary, they see a future where you pay for a can of drink with a chirp, where crowds at events receiving mass chirps over the tannoy or radio audiences hold their phones up to be sent chirped information.

In the end, this may be an app that just proves a passing craze - but how inspiring to meet a British startup with such Californian ambitions.
    I'd be surprised if it is ever in the news again after the summer
    Coffee's for closers

(Good song for Suity this)

'Where's your contract gone?'
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      I thought when they said "Chirpy chirpy, cheep cheep" they were talking about his rate.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

(Good song for Suity this)

You're obsessed man. Quite flattered really.

Still plugging away at the contract so
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
        X