• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No hot water for days - British Gas called out!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No hot water for days - British Gas called out!

Yet again the heating in the house had packed up.

I was particularly busy last week and the missus starts banging on about how the wireless thermostat had packed up. I went up, had a look. Yep! Dead as a doornail.

Must have shorted or something when we had a powercut. So thought nothing of it & got British Gas out on Friday.

He turned up morning and said. Yep. Looks dead. Where's the boiler?

So we wondered down stairs, looked at the boiler briefly, looked at the wall, looked at the switch next to it, which was in an off position, and turned it back on.

******* kids.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Ask Baggy to give you phone number of a boiler bunny...

Comment

I blame the parents
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Ask Baggy to give you phone number of a boiler bunny...
        He's have to run it past his accountant first.

Comment

I had similar when the jacuzzi bath stopped working. I just pushed the button - nothing so I assumed it was dead. A week later I heard jacuzzi going on and off - but no-one in the bath. Baby bp had found a switch in the airing cupboard and was flicking it on and off.

Why is it illegal to beat kids?

Comment

We have one of those wireless thermostats. I'm going to nail it to the wall. The woman puts it beside the window when she is cold.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              ******* kids.
              HTH
              Last edited by Troll; 23 July 2012, 17:22. Reason: feckin online images
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Do they have british gas in california or have you given up pretending?
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  Do they have british gas in california or have you given up pretending?
                  Touché

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    HTH

Prevention is better than cure.

Comment

Working...
                    X