• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On the day that the Blithering Cameron...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the day that the Blithering Cameron...

...chooses to praises the public sector, the latest figures from the Office For National Statistics have just been released and for the first time they have been broken down by sector.

The public sector accounts for 20% of the UK's workforce and 72% of the days lost due to strikes. The Time's graph below for previous years is even more striking than the civil service unions.

There's a graph on www.xoggoth.org/images/public.jpg but imagy thing ain't working. Is it my PC??? My net access seems @sred up all round.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 6 June 2006, 23:05.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Morning All,

having read this article,

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...214903,00.html

those who are alert and awake this morning spot the special sentence.

It is now much clearer to see who will be next to have the top job, and I'll be having a wager to that effect next time I visit blighty.

Milan.

Comment

Yes, interesting times...
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

One Tory MEP yesterday vowed to pull out of the group unilaterally if the Tory leader decided to stay, while several others have declared that they will stay on if the Conservative Party leaves.
        Milan, that has to be the biggest non-news you've ever posted. Who gives a tulip what the Tory MEPs do? David Cameron doesn't for starters and, I suspect, 99.99% of all others at Westminster are like minded too.

Comment

TheMaster,

I can see you are only TheMaster by name.

I'll see if I can find a Mr Men book on the subject for you.

Milan.

Comment

Shock Horror

Milan makes a funny (that actually is).
            More power to your elbow, Milan.
            Why not?

Comment

Milan, please explain it to me. I'm not too big to admit that I am a fool and you are a towering genius.

Comment

I didn't get it either, Maître...
                We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

it's all in the wording

Milan.
                  Last edited by milanbenes; 7 June 2006, 09:03.

Comment

lads,

do you have any clue how this world that we live in works ?

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X