• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heat and Hair

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heat and Hair

Off to sunny climes for 6 weeks. I am quite hirsute and was wondering if other people with lots of hair on head, chest and back (but on not the palms like Shaunnyboy and Spod), did anything if spending lots of time in what promises to be 35-40 degree heat?

I have decided #3 all on the head, as that will grow back to be decent by the time I return to work in September, but do people shave the chest, or trim it? Would it help anyway?

Have you tried a banana?

What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Have you tried a banana?
      We're not talking about your deviant sexual practices MF, we're talking about keeping cool.

Comment

get a set of clippers, #1 on chest and open blade on the back.

It helps with the application of sun cream.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          get a set of clippers, #1 on chest and open blade on the back.

It helps with the application of sun cream.
          I discussed this with the wife, but she reckons I'll go insane with the itching as it grows back; I am taking it this isn't the case?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
            I discussed this with the wife, but she reckons I'll go insane with the itching as it grows back; I am taking it this isn't the case?
            It doesn't itch (apparently)

Comment

Off to sunny climes for 6 weeks. I am quite hirsute and was wondering if other people with lots of hair on head, chest and back (but on not the palms like Shaunnyboy and Spod), did anything if spending lots of time in what promises to be 35-40 degree heat?

I have decided #3 all on the head, as that will grow back to be decent by the time I return to work in September, but do people shave the chest, or trim it? Would it help anyway?
              Hirsutism is an infallible indicator of bad genes.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Hirsutism is an infallible indicator of bad genes.
                So bald and fat?

Dear me

Comment

So bald and fat?

Dear me
                  Yes, that too. Sorry to hear that.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Yes, that too. Sorry to hear that.
                    Eh? You really make no sense at all ass. You are bald, I have hair.

still, get back to those houses, the German Porsche, the portuguese villa, etc, etc.

Too funny.

Comment

Working...
                    X