• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are all recruitment agents closet psychopaths?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are all recruitment agents closet psychopaths?

Or perhaps Its the contractors that are at fault.

Originally posted by Mordac's Ego
    Or perhaps Its the contractors that are at fault.
    Went to a meeting yesterday at a large company who invited 25 of their agency suppliers. The agencies were represented by a right bunch of what seemed to be failed Big Brother contestants. The hair gel. the shiny suits the shiny shoes and the jewellry (and that's just the women) were nauseating.
    There was also plenty of overtly obsequious behaviour in order for some of them to ingratiate themselves with the management. Most of this behaviour made them look stupid.

We were given an exercise at the end to make suggestions as to enhancing the clients name as an "employers brand". Given that most recruitment agents are made up of barrow boy spivs, people who have failed in their "proper" careers, none of them really have the first clue about marketing or how large corporates operate.

I have to agree with the original point.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I think sociopath is more correct.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Or...

?

Comment

Dunno but Trump's new puppy is one

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/h...re/5054026.stm

Comment

Working...
            X