• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Places to Stay - Thornton Heath

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Places to Stay - Thornton Heath

Going to a party in Thornton Heath next Saturday (4th) & need somewhere to stay - not an area I know well at all but I gather it's somewhere between Tooting & Croydon - any recommendations would be most welcome.

Coming up from South West - not sure if I'm going to drive or get the train - just wondering if that part of town will be impacted by the Olympics ? Don't want to spend the day stuck in a queue on the M3....

It's not a really nice place, to be honest. I'd stay in town, and taxi in and out, or stay at the holiday inn in Chessington, or something. Trains work well, as do taxis. Could easily stay at Gatwick and train it to and from as they operate through the night and stop at East Croydon.

Comment

I wouldn't go to the trouble of staying in zone 1 - likely to extremely expensive and busy.

Try any of the Holiday / Premier Inns in Croydon. Parking should be fine, and a taxi to Thornton Heath should be under a tenner.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

In fact, I would stay out by the Airport - bit less drama than the town centre. Am sure there's a premier inn out there too.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          In fact, I would stay out by the Airport - bit less drama than the town centre. Am sure there's a premier inn out there too.
          Sounds good... if there are late trains.

Should be able to drive there & miss all the Olympics nonsense too.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
            Sounds good... if there are late trains.

Should be able to drive there & miss all the Olympics nonsense too.
            I meant Croydon Airport, bit more residential.

I wouldn't get the train to Thornton Heath unless you're going right next to it.

Better off with a minicab.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              I meant Croydon Airport, bit more residential.

I wouldn't get the train to Thornton Heath unless you're going right next to it.

Better off with a minicab.
              Near Purley way. Fair shout, but very busy

Comment

Working...
              X