• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Olympics Banned List

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olympics Banned List

Coming to watch Olympic football at Old Trafford? Better leave your tent (and the dog) at home | Manchester Evening News - menmedia.co.uk

This looked like an odd thing to ban
    Personal/private wireless access points and 3G hubs (smart devices such as Android phones, iPhone and tablets are permitted inside venues, but must not be used as wireless access points to connect multiple devices)
    Coffee's for closers

Could be set up to wirelessly transmit the game I guess...

Comment

Bt are supplying wifi access at Olympic venues (for their usual extortionate rates). Competition with sponsors is not allowed.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

"
        Some ticket-holders have grumbled that list is over the top - and will make the experience of getting into the stadium similar to going through security at Manchester Airport.

"

Which after having read about the 11 year old and his flight to Rome, seems like a piece of p1ss.
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

I am taking the kids to OT this weekend to watch the footy.

But when I checked all the do's and don't on the website I almost chucked the tickets in the bin.

In essence they seem to imply that you need to turn up early due to all the 'airport security' style checks

All I want to do is take the kids for a few hours - e.g. arrive half way though the first half of the first game leave before the end of the second game to avoid queue etc

The rules on drinks and food initially look very restricing implying that you can only purchase food and drink inside and not take any in - but further down the small print it says you can bring some food in.

It is just designed to dupe people to increase sales revenue - but then it would be naive not to think there was any other reason

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            In essence they seem to imply that you need to turn up early due to all the 'airport security' style checks
            Sometimes there are compensations to having autistic kids who cannot tolerate queueing.

Comment

no child enjoys standing in lines do nothing...

some just seem to want an excuse not to do it...

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                Bt are supplying wifi access at Olympic venues (for their usual extortionate rates). Competition with sponsors is not allowed.
                I'm sure I read the entire Olympic park was a massive free wifi hotspot?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                X